Chapter 10

We-lll! I'm FINALLY at double digits! :D YAY! (took me long enough). I'm uploading two chapters in a row because the last chapter was ultra short. 

Not much to say... Or rather I forgot what I wanted to say; my house was hit by a short blackout when I was typing this on the iMac =.= so yeah. 

VOTE FAN COMMENT and ENJOY! :)

- - - -

Chapter 10

Sopheila's POV

Recap: 'Then why, it sounded, 'does it sound like such a lie?'

I closed my eyes and leaned heavily on the white window frame. My post-dream and half-asleep self's thoughts were really messed up. 

It did not sound like lie..

It was not a lie. 

I sighed audibly and pushed my hands on the window ledge, making myself stand properly. I shut the window promptly, cutting of the wind blowing into my bedroom and causing the white curtains to slowly flutter to their normal, vertical positions.

I ran my hand over my face in an attempt to clear the cobwebs of sleep and dreams from my head. I also ran my fingers underneath my eyes to dislodge the crust gathered there from tears and sleep. 

The sun wouldn't rise for another 2 hours or so, by my estimation. Also by my experience. Nightmares were horrifyingly efficient alarm clocks. 

Still yawning, I cleaned myself up and threw on some clothes. I didn't want to waste my time, so I grabbed my Polaroid camera, an extra box of film, and after some debating,  took my school bad as well. I didn't want to have to return for it I was running late for school later on. 

At my doorway I slipped on a pair of my well-worn Converses that matched my t-shirt. The sky outside was still an inky blue-black, with bright stars sprinkled across it. 

School bag in hand, I left my house grounds and shut the tall, black, intimidating gate behind me. I bit my lip while trying to decide which direction I should go. In the end, I made up my mind to go the opposite way of the park where I met Jabez yesterday.

For some reason, I felt shy at the thougt of seeing him after yesterday's encounter. 

I headed in the opposite way of the park, which meant heading towards downtown. According to the girls in school, in this area was where all the "weird" shops were located. I was curious to see what their definition of "weird" is, so I keep my eyes open as I strolled down the sidewalk.

Soon, quaint shops came into my line of vision. Just by looking in their windows, I could already tell these were shops I was likely to frequent in the near future. There were vintage stores, costume shops, traditional confectioneries with their striped pillars, and more.

But best of all...

My heartbeat quickened slightly as I stopped in front of Picture Perfect, a vintage, antique camera store. 

By now the sun was only just visible, a bright sliver of gold and orange, so I guessed it was still to early for the shop to be open. Nevertheless I stepped closer to the display window, looking at the wonderful photography tools and--

An 'OPEN' sign hanging in the window. 

I smiled giddyly and pushed the door open. Overhead, a bell jangled cheerifully as the top of the door hit it when I opened the door. The shop had the musky, woody smell of a vintage shop, but it was obviously well cared for. The air-tight glass cases housing antique cameras gleamed, and the shelves were free of dust.