The Dawn of Mayhem | Mafia and Neutral

Godfather: Arian Naomi Brighton

COMMITTED SUICIDE {NO ENTRY}

Mafioso: Myarria

COMMITTED SUICIDE {NO ENTRY}

Blackmailer: Odessa Kailani

Odessa smiled, rebelling in the beauty of the sunset. The sky was painted in a lustrous array of colours, dark hues of blood red melting into beautiful waves of gold and yellow. The sun itself stood out, like an opened eye, staring down at those gathered below. It was a watchful guardian, a brilliant gold globe looking at them. Observing and learning from its' position in the unchartered sky. Earlier this day, she, and everyone else in town, had received a note, inviting them to a luxurious dinner, with the most gorgeous of food and scrumptious of snacks. Fine dining had been promised, and she expected whoever it was to provide above and beyond expectations.

As she admired the wonder of the sunset, Odessa waltzed into the Town Square. She hadn't been at this town for long, so she assumed this would be a perfect time to examine her new plethora of pawns to move and twist into stories of her own making. Odessa loved that, weaving others into her own world. She could control them so easily, as soon as she was graced with a carelessly placed snippet of information. And once she could control them she could make them her own. Puppets of every shape and size to take battle in the stories she wrote for them. People were so simple and predictable. Like wind-up toys, they lived lives meaninglessly, following the same paths day after day. Their lives are set for them, engraved in stone. It was rare any with a surprise popped along, though some had interesting secrets. But then, everyone had secrets. It was part of human nature. You built up your secrets like a wall around you, dark things to lock away and keep safe. Yet the fools didn't realise that the secrets they used as a safeguard were the destroyers of peace and sanity. She'd seen many break down into the bottomless pit of disparity over her many years. All toys broke eventually.

Slapping herself mentally, Odessa restrained herself, for she couldn't; no, mustn't, dawdle on the past. For it was far behind her.There was only the future, and the future was sure to be fun indeed. Odessa set herself into its' trained mould, one of happiness and content. For she had learnt a long time ago, as long as you were charming and kind you were boring to others. If you wouldn't react to pain then you were useless. A piece of furniture to be discarded and left abandoned. Forgotten about. Worthless. She had taken what others had done to her and made it her shield. As long as no one noticed her and she appeared to be barely noteworthy she was safe.

As she entered the square, she noticed that many people were already there. Milling about aimlessly. Words of greeting were tossed and discarded, until the only things that remained were a storm, a thunder of laughter and useless gossip. Chatter and talk, going in one ear and out the other. There were 15 inhabitants of this town, and every single one was here.

"Why, what a beautiful sight!" cried Odessa in delight. "And the food looks absolutely delicious."

"Doesn't it?" said a voice from behind her, bubbling with mirth. Easton, the town healer. "Everything here is absolutely perfect. You must be Odessa, new here, aren't you?"

"Yes, I came after I left my parents. Nothing special about my background, just trying to find a new way of life," Odessa replied, beaming. Easton nodded, before disappearing off into the crowd, she waved as she left, and Odessa felt fairly satisfied at being as disinteresting as she could be. Doctors were usually the caring type, always anxious to help. However she did not need helping, and though the Easton girl seemed sweet enough it was unlikely that Odessa herself would be of much interest.

Odessa hummed lightly to herself, thanking a small serving girl who offered her a selection of cake. She gave her a charming half-smile of thanks, and took a slice, taking a bite of the mouth-watering morsel. It was absolutely divine and holy, sent straight from food heaven. A deliciously velvety and layered cake, that was beautiful for the mouth to feast upon. She turned to the banquet table, skimming her gaze upon the varied selection. Turtle soup, clearly transported from the West Indies. Roast beef stood out from the table, and the tantalising snack was tempting her ever closer. She took a small meat pie, settling down on a chair to eat and observe.