Blinding Anger

"What?" lexa mumbled confusion written across her face. Sniffling and wiping at her face to rid it of tears.

"Finn said y- -" Clarke stopped, seeing that lexa was now rubbing at her face angrily in frustration, sniffling.

Clarke's hand hesitantly grabbed lexas hand gently to stop her mannerism, in a way that wouldn't frighten the girl. Pulling the hands from lexas face slowly, smiling kindly in hopes to settle lexa down before she continued.

"I wanna hear your side of the story lexa, I couldn't keep on hearing him talk about how horrible he thinks you are without seeing for myself. " Clarke explained.

Lexa's brows furrowed, before her face set back to her normal Stoic face. "Why?" Lexa bluntly asked, her voice emotionless and rough.

Clarke looked at lexa in confusion, waiting for lexa to explain further.

"Why do you even care, you just met me.". Lexa explained further coldly. Seeing it didn't effect the blonde she added rougher this time. "like. yesterday!"

It was true what lexa said, she just met her no longer than 24 hours ago. Clarke just felt a pull towards the girl, her eyes never leaving her mind. Clarke felt a little embarrassed at how quickly she had gotten attached to this girl...
" I'd never forgive myself for letting a potential friend like you get past me".
Clarke explained in the only way she knew how, she honestly didn't know.

This confused lexa, it made her feel hopeful but hesitant and resistant. "..I'm nobody's charity case-"

"No, no you aren't, you're Lexa. " Clarke interrupted. "And I'm Clarke. ". Clarke sighed. "And I wanna know what Finn did to upset you. "

Lexa huffed in frustration. "What makes you think your beloved boyfriend did anything wrong. "
lexa said coldly finally turning her head completely to Clarke before continuing in a quiet cold voice.
"I'm a monster remember."

Though it was more of a statement than a question.

Clarke was taken aback staring over Lexa's face in shock.

Lexa got up abruptly "you should stay away from me. " she stated with a Stoic expression and a cold voice, walking away.

Not knowing that Clarke's shocked expression was not from Lexa's statement, it was what she saw when lexa turned to say it. Her jaw adorning a large bruise across it. Though Lexa wants to be left alone.

Clarke knew, she could tell by her eyes that Lexa was holding back.
_______________________________________
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lexa was trembling in anger, walking home. Lexa can't even tell the full story, she couldn't remember much. Her impulsiveness making her think of it in a blur, she could have been in the wrong for all she knew, though she highly doubts she is wrong, though it doesn't change the fact that deep down she knows there is a chance she is wrong.

Lexa marches too her porch, roughly opening the door to her house. And runs up her stairs.

Kicking her book bag across her floor. Lexa could feel it coming on, a feeling she knows well.

When lexas family found out that she had IED, lexa's father got her involved into exhausting activities, sports and combat. Which isn't much of a good idea, for when lexa does explode she could really hurt someone. But lexa was stubborn, and refused much other choices.
Lexa tried to calm down and reached for her head phones to listen to music, but they could not be found. Lexa snarled inwardly in her throat. And searched her room in anger and frustration. When she couldn't find them in one of her drawers , she didn't think it through and slammed the drawer awfully hared crushing her fingers in between.

Lexa yelped in pain, though anger still never leaving as her facial expression a mix of pain and anger. Tears formed in her eyes, and she grabbed her right hand to her chest. Laid on the floor with a stubborn angry expression refusing to cry.

Lexa clenched her eyes closed and clenched her jaw in anger, failing to keep in tears of pain.

Lexa lay on the ground in front of the dresser drawers she had just injured herself through her anger, crying. Lexa opened her eyes to the underneaths of her dresser drawers, to see lying on the floor a thin wire that in no doubt is a pair of Lexa's head phones. Hidden under the dark of her dresser in the dust. Lexa's face that had tear streams horizontally across her face, turns to anger in a flash as her uninjured left hand angrily hit the floor and slid under too grab the damned things.

Lexa untangled and wipes them off for them to be in good shape. With her left hand lexa put the buds in her ears, her right hand incapable. And turned to look at the ceiling with a dead like stare, sniffling. Listening to music not caring much of her hand at that moment.

Feeling shamed that her impulsiveness and anger blinded her from even the simple of tasks.

She feels hopeless

The fact of not knowing what she was looking for was right under her nose. If she had just gotten past her anger.
------------–----------------------------------------------

"What really happened? " Clarke asked in a stern voice. Grabbing at Finns arm to get his attention.

"What do you mean? " he replies.

"With lexa. ". She stated "why would she hit you?"

"Are you saying I did something!?" He he turns to look at her fully. "I told you! She hit me for no reason. ".

Clarke shook her head furiously.
"Than why was there a bruise on her face, who did that?" Clarke saw as his eyebrows furrowed and could almost see the Small wheels in his head trying to figure out how to get out of this. "And don't lie.. " Clarke added.

"I'm not lyin'! .. How the hell would I know how she got a bruise. She probably angered the wrong person!"

Clarke looked at him not believing a single word.

"Fine.". He gives up, almost too easy.
" I was confronting her. " he happily confessed

"What?"

" She was spreading stuff, telling people that you guys had hooked up. Saying horrible things and saying you we're a slut. But I knew you would never do that so I confronted her."

Clarke was trying to process what he is telling her.

"That's when she hit me" he emphasizes by pointing too his nose that had been broken, making sure clarke saw it. "If she has a bruise on her face then it was only from me trying to defend myself.... And you. "
He put his hands into hers trying to look her in the eyes

Clarke's looked down at their hands. Looking up to see Finn smile.

"You see, it's her. Not me." He smiles. And kisses her forehead.

Clarke furrows her brows looking into his eyes. Taking her hands out of his walking away without a word.

_________________________________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Raven and the other delinquents will be starting to appear next chapter to take a bit off of the angst (or bring some more.)