Music is Our Thing

As Lexa looked around she sees the girl that waved and winked at her the day she sat on the school step and had a break down . Who looked out of place with the punk kids.  The only one not smoking.

She had light dark skin and hazel eyes , brown curly mane and plump lips.

She was waving her over. Lexa was unsure but the girl gave her a gentle smile so Lexa came forward. Lexa couldn't just assume the girl was inviting her to sit with her so she just questioned why she was waved over.

"Um. Yeah?" Lexa questioned.

The girl found Lexas hesitance amusing.

"You can sit here if you'd like."

"Sure" Lexa accepted sitting across from the girl. "Your that girl that winked at me. " Lexa stated.

The girl giggled. "Yes, yeah that was me. you seemed in need of some cheering up. I didn't really think it through."

"Oh yeah that." Lexa remembers

"Well I'm Costia, But my friends call me Cos. You're Lexa right?"

They were interrupted by some people settling next to them. "Hey Cos, who's this?" A muscled , tan skinned guy with a shaved head chimes in.

"Yeah and why is she so beaten up." A pale boy says with green eyes set farther apart than usual but works right on his face and brown hair snickering at his own statement.

"Murphy, Lincoln this is Lexa." Costia introduces. "Lexa, Lincoln and Murphy." Costia gestures so Lexa knows who is who.

"You that girl Lexa Woods, you beat up that Collins kid." Lincoln stated.

"Really?" Murphy asks. When Lexa Nods Murphy states. "Good he deserved it."

"I haven't heard about that" Costia states. "I was wondering what happened to you." She says sincerely.

"So Woods you play any music?"
Murphy asks. Costia explains "it's kinda our thing."

"Yeah."

"Cool. What do you play?" Lincoln asks.

"Well there's a couple actually" Lexa said staring at her broken left hand.
----------------------------------------------

Sorry it's short but it's to introduce a part of the plot.

There'll be more chapters to come. 😁
Tell me if you have suggestions or hopes for the story.