Chapter 23: Slideshow

Emma's P.O.V:

Sirens wail in the distance as the polive drive off with August. Killian holds me in his arms, my head on his chest, his hands over mine, as we watch them leave.

"I love you," he says, tightening his grip on me. "So bloody much, Emma."

"I love you too, Killian," I breathe, taking comfort in the sound of his heart beating in his chest.

Then comes a familiar flash of a camera just as our lips touch. We turn around to find, you guessed it, Ellie.

"EEEEEEEEE KILLIAN YOU'RE BACK EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" She squeels, running straight at us and tackling Killian, knocking him to the ground. He laughs as she gets off him, giddy as ever.

"Aye lass, that I am. All for this one," he says standing up and taking my hand.

"Omg after all this time I still ship you guys so much," she says, jumping up and down. Killian seems to want to put on a show so he takes me into his arms, dipping me and pressing his lips firmly to mine. Ellie just completely freaks out, unable to handle us, and runs inside after taking a bunch of pictures. Watch her add them to her slideshow.

"Mmm," I moan, straightening up and pulling Killian closer, playing with his hair, never separating our lips. He kisses me deeper, holding me even closer, like it's the last time, and I do the same. Only our lips part when we need to breathe. I wrap my arms around his neck, buring my face in his chest as he holds me tight.

"I almost lost you today," I say quietly after a few moments.

"Aye, but you didn't. I'm right here, you'll never lose me Emma," he says. I smile, so thankful to have him here with me. "And to prove that to you..." he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small box.

"Whoa whoa whoa... whoa-"

"Calm down, Swan, I'm not proposing," he says with a laugh. I laugh with him, hiding my face in his coat. "Hey," he says, pulling my chin up. "I love you."

"I love you too," I say, stepping onto my tiptoes to press a featherlight kiss to his lips. I rest my forehead on his, our noses brushing. "So are you gonna tell me what it is?" I ask.

"It's a promise ring. It symbolizes that I promise never to leave you. I promise that I am forever yours. I promise to love you no matter what, and I promise to always be there for you. Would you wear it?" he asks. It's a gorgeous ring, bent into the shape of an infinity sign to simbolize an eternal love, encrusted with diamonds to symbolize how precious that love is.

 It's a gorgeous ring, bent into the shape of an infinity sign to simbolize an eternal love, encrusted with diamonds to symbolize how precious that love is

"Oh Killian," I breathe. "It's beautiful. Yes, yes of course I'll wear it," I say happily, choking back tears as he slips it onto my finger. I hug him tightly again. I'll never get over how amazing he his. I'm so lucky to have him in my life. We walk hand in hand into the house where Ellie has set up her slideshow, and all the kids are gathered around on the carpet in front of the tv, leaving the couch for me, Killian, and Marissa.

"Hey kids!" Killian says to them.

"KILLIAN!!!" they all cry, rushing up to him, hugging him, jumping into his arms. All but little Kayla who waits patiently for everyone to back away.

"Hookie!" she squeels, hugging him with a giggle as he lifts her into the air.

"'Ello litle love!" Killian says, hugging her as she giggles cutely. "You've grown so much Kayla!"

"Ellie made a video for you guys, comie comie!" she squeels, dragging us to the couch as she giggled. Kayla hits play, and pictures and videos of us that we never knew she even had come up. Mine and Killian's birthday, us asleep together on the couch, watching movies, Killian covered in whipped cream and kising me all the same, and so much more. I sigh happily, lying down in his arms beneath a blanket, some pillows behind us. My legs tangle with his as he wraps an arm around me, holding me close to him, resting an arm on my leg. He presses light kisses on my forehead, cheek, hair, and I don't want him to stop. And finally his lips claim mine softly. I smile against him as he leans into the kiss more, pulling my body closer to his. I wrap my arms around him, just wanting to be connected to him forever. As the slideshow ends, we thank Ellie cause honestly it was wonderful. Killian leaves me on the couch for a moment, playing with my ring, to talk to Marissa, and when he returns, he scoups me up into his arms and carries me upstairs.

I laugh, resting my head on his chest as he walks into his room, which I have made mine since he left for college. Without him here all the time, it wasn't always easy for me to do everything. So making his room mine helped a lot. His smell always lingers here and there. The room just radiates his aura.

Killian closes the door and sets me down lightly on the bed and climbs on top of me, pressing his lips to mine.

"Slow down," I say laughing. "Let me get in my pajamas first," I say, pressing a quick kiss to his lips.

"Why would I do that," he says between kisses, "When I. have you. right here. right now?"

"I don't know," I say breathlessly, "you tell me."

"I love you so much Emma, you haven't got a clue."

I hesitate a moment before speaking.

"Then show me."

"Do you mean-?" I bite my bottom lip with a slight smile... then nod.

"Yeah. I'm ready. I trust you."

"Are you sure? Emma I don't want to hurt you, we can wait another ten years if you want it-"

"Just come here," I say cutting him off. I slide off his sweater, keeping my lips glued to his. He helps me pull of my shirt as I unbutton his jeans. He slips of my leggings and I'm left in just my underclothes as he pulls off his jeans. The only thing between us now was our underwear. He starts to work his lips down my jawline, down to my neck, sucking softly. I grip the bedsheets  lightly. He's good at this. He travels down, stopping at my bra with a look of askance. I nod, encouraging him to take it off. He does just that, still kissing down, his lips not leaving my body. My stomache coils as he gows down lower, all the way down to my panties. He pulls them gently off my legs, pulling off his boxers as well, and brings his lips back up to mine. Just as he's about to enter me I stop him.

It's not that I don't want him. Not that I don't trust him. Because I do. I so do. But with what's happened today... I don't know. I freeze. I revert back to the girl I was before Killian knocked down my walls... and I run.

"Wait," I say, sitting up abruptly and walking into the room's bathrom. I shut the door as memories of Neal's abusing me rush into my mind. I slow my breathing, suddenly feeling abit self concious not wearing anything.

"Emma?" Killian calls from the other side of the door. "Emma are you okay? I'm sorry, did I go to fast?"

"No... no Killian it's not your fault it's... I just..." I stop, unable to speak. I'm almost shaking.

"May I come in, love?" I hestitate a moment...

"Yeah."

He opens the door slowly and comes in, wrapping his arms around me in comfort. I rest my head on him, letting him hold me.

"Do you want to tell me what's wrong my love?"

"It's just um... with August today, it just reminded me that Neal is always out there. The last time he had me, he had me. He... really hurt me. It all just sorta came back. I'm sorry I ran, I shouldn't have. You're patience with me is incredible, I don't know how you do it. It must drive you crazy how slowly I take things sometimes."

"Maybe, Swan, but I love you for who you are, walls and all. We don't have to do this if you're uncomfortable-"

"No, no I want to do this. I just got scared that's all. I want this. I want you."

I pull him back to the bed,
and the rest is history.