Chapter 1

I let out a deep exhale as I put down the last of my luggage into my new apartment. "I can't believe it." I told myself. "I finally moved to Seoul."

My phone dinged and I saw that my mom had sent me a LINE message.

Mom: Whatcha doin?

Me: Just finished settling into the apartment. I'm sooooo excited.

Mom: I'm glad you're happy, baby. Call us on Facetime once you've finished unpacking. Miss you already.

Me: Aww mom~~ :"> Anyways... I'm starving. I better grab something to eat. I think I saw a convenience store nearby when I was in the taxi on the way here.

Mom: Ok, just don't eat too much ramen. It's not good for you.

Me: Okay, love you~~

After getting my degree, I realized I wanted to do more with my life than just waste a way at a desk day and night in front of my computer. I wanted to follow the dream I suppressed for so long. Luckily, other than my normal job, I made YouTube videos and was earning quite a good income off of it. I thought maybe if I moved to somewhere new, I could have a fresh start. Ever since I was in high school, I loved Korean culture. I was massively interested in their language and food so actually moving to Seoul was a dream come true for me.

In the middle of unpacking, I grabbed my camera, turned it on, and started recording. "Hey guys, so..I'm finally in Seoul wooooo. I just settled down into my apartment and I'm about to go down and look for a convenience store because I'm seriously starving."

I walked out of my apartment, camera in tow, and looked around for the convenience store. Luckily, it wasn't too far and I found it in no time. It was actually across the street from JYP Entertainment. Hmm. Maybe I'll see some idols around here sometimes. I thought to myself. Omg, I remember I was obsessed with a band called DAY6 a couple years ago. They're from JYP, if I'm correct.

I turned my camera back on as I looked for something to eat. Good thing the cashier didn't mind me filming. "I can't decide if I should go for the tuna or the bulgogi samgak kimbap. If you guys don't know, samgak kimbap is a triangle shaped rice ball. Some of you guys who like anime might know it as onigiri."

I heard someone enter the convenience store so I stopped filming. I quickly grabbed a can of coffee and made my way to the counter. As I was about to pay, I realized that I forgot my wallet at home. "Oh shit." I whispered to myself. "What do I do?" I turned to the cashier who was waiting for me to hand her money. I felt like all the Korean words I learned disappeared deep into my brain. "Uhh."

"Here." Someone said from behind me in English. He passed the cashier some money.

I turned and saw him. Holy shit holy shit holy shit. I thought. It's him. It's YoungK from DAY6.