Chapter 2

"Th-thank you." I told him.

"No problem." He replied coldly before paying for what he bought. He immediately left and went back into the JYP building.

It was quick, but never in a million years did I think that I would be that close to an idol I had a really massive crush on.

The next day, I was planning to go to Seoul Tube which was kind of a conference for YouTubers with 10,000 subscribers or less. I currently had 80,000 but I thought it would be a great chance to meet some fellow YouTubers. Since I couldn't really go inside, I just stood outside with the people who were organizing the event. I introduced myself to the organizers and told them that I just moved to Seoul from Canada. Suddenly, one of my favorite Seoul YouTubers arrived, Megan Bowen aka Chonunmigooksaram. "Hey guys." She told the organizers.

"Hey Meg." One of the organizers replied.

"Thought I'd just pop in and pop out. I'm about to go meet up with Sunny and Joan."

"Oh, that's fine." The organizer told her. "By the way, this is Audrey. She just moved here from Canada."

"Oh, are you attending Seoul Tube?" Megan asked me.

"Nahh, got too many subscribers." I replied.

"Yeah, me too." Megan added. "If you want, you can come with me to meet Sunny and Joan in Hongdae. Do you know Sunny and Joan?"

"Yeah, I watch their vlogs."

So Megan and I walked to Hongdae to meet up with Sunny and Joan at a small café. They were both sooo nice and I immediately felt like we were all going to be close friends. Before we all separated, we exchanged Kakaotalk IDs so we could message each other if we wanted to hang out.

The next few days I spent just unpacking and filming my videos for the week since I uploaded two main channel videos per week, then one weekly vlog. On Thursday, I received a Kakaotalk message from Sunny.

Sunny: Hey, we're near your area. Wanna come have brunch?

Me: Sure, where should I meet you guys?

Sunny: There's a gs25 convenience store in front of JYP Entertainment, right? We'll meet you there.

Me: Okay great, I'll be there in 30 minutes. I'll just get ready. Is it okay if I vlog?

Sunny: Sure, no prob

After fixing myself up, I went to the convenience store and waited at one of the tables. I turned on my camera. "Hey guys so today I'm at the convenience store again but I'm actually here because I'm waiting for Sunny and Joan. If you know them, they're vloggers too. I think we're gonna grab some brunch."

"Oh, it's you again." Someone said from behind me. I turned and it was YoungK again. But this time he wasn't alone. He was with Jae, another DAY6 member.

"Hi." I told him.

"Dedicated fangirl, huh?" He said. "Who are you waiting for this time? You know it isn't allowed. Someone might catch you."

"Uh, I'm not waiting for anyone." I told him. "Well actually I am. But I'm not waiting for an idol, I'm meeting with a friend here."

"Then what's with the camera?" Jae asked.

"I'm a vlogger. I film my day and I post it on YouTube."

"Oh." Jae smiled. "I used to make YouTube videos too."

"Sorry." YoungK told me. "I thought you were stalking someone."

I just smiled at him. Then, I heard someone come into the store. It was Sunny, she wasn't with Joan but she was with two other people. One person I recognized as Coco from a girl group called Cocosori, who was also Sunny's friend. Then the other one was McKay Kim, who I knew was friends with Jae.

"Oh, good." You guys are all here." Sunny told us. "Let's go have some brunch."

We ate at a place called Ugly Stove which was in Hongdae. I felt kind a awkward for a bit because of YoungK and Jae, since idolized them so much before. Luckily, they were really nice and welcoming so we quickly started to get along. We stayed out until around five in the evening, but I decided I would leave a bit earlier because I still had a lot of work to finish up at home. The other guys were still going to go out drinking though. YoungK offered to go back to Cheongdamdong with me because he wanted to go home too. I think he mentioned something about his final exams. Weird though, last I heard he was in his second year of university. And that was three years ago. Maybe he stopped for a bit again to focus on his band.

"So, have you heard of DAY6 before you met me and Jae?" YoungK asked as we walked back.

"Yeah, I have." I replied. "There was actually a time when you guys were my favorite band."

"Oh, that's cool." He smiled. "So who was your bias?"

"Of course, YoungK oppa."

He smiled even brighter. "You don't have to call me that. Call me Brian, we're friends now anyways."

I smiled back at him. "If someone told me a couple of years ago that I would be friends with the YoungK from DAY6, I wouldn't believe you."

We stood for a bit out in front of my apartment. "I'll go up now." I told him. "Thanks for walking me home."

He seemed uneasy. So..I decided to take a chance.

"Do..you wanna come up for a bit?" I asked him. "I know you still have to study, but I'm guessing a couple of minutes wouldn't be so bad."

He nodded back and we made our way up the stairs. "I actually don't have exams, I just told them that so I could get out of drinking with Jae hyung. He gets a bit crazy when he's drunk."

I smiled back. We sat down in my living room and I checked my cupboard for something we could snack on.

I've only been here for a week, but I've already managed to fill a cupboard with my own personal collection of Korean snacks. I was having a hard time reaching for a bag of Honey Butter Chips that had managed to fall into the very back of the cupboard. Mind you, I am only 160cm tall. Suddenly, I felt something push against my back, it was Brian's chest. He easily grabbed the Honey Butter chips and settled back down onto the couch. I tried to hide the fact that I was blushing like crazy before sitting back down beside him.

He just smiled at me and opened up the bag of chips. There was a short moment of silence. I felt awkward, but I don't think Brian was. He was just looking around my living room as he munched on the chips. "So, where did you live before you moved to Seoul?" He finally asked.

"I was in Canada."

"REALLY?" He exclaimed. "I lived in Canada too."

"Yeah, I know." I smiled at his enthusiasm. "I lived in Vancouver, though. You lived in Toronto, right?"

"Mhmm." He said with his mouth full. "But I lived in Surrey for a year."

"So you've always lived in Canada?"

"Actually, it's a bit of a long story." I started. "I was born in Guam, but when I was eleven we moved to Texas. Then when I finished college, I saved up money to finish university in Canada. So after I finished university in Canada, I worked for a bit and now I'm here."

"Whoa." He told me. "You've done a lot of travelling." I just nodded back. "So, where are you planning on going after you stay in Korea."

I shrugged. "I don't know yet. But I'm sure I won't be leaving any time soon."

He smiled to himself. "Glad to hear that."

We spent a couple more hours talking, but eventually Brian said he had to go home and rest up because he had class the next day.