Chapter 8

That weekend, I was super busy editing a lookbook I filmed with Joan the day before. Dang, I forgot to have lunch. I thought to myself. If Brian was here, he'd get so upset. Good thing he's still in New York. I've been running on coffee for the past 12 hours.

Banganen na honja bakke eopneunde~ Nae nuneman boineun niga~ My phone rang. It was Brian.

Audrey: "Hey Bri, what's up?"

Brian: "Nothing much, how was filming yesterday? You at home now? Did you have lunch yet? How about the weather? I saw in my weather app that it's really cold in Seoul. Did you wear a jacket?! I hope you did, I don't want you to be sic–"

Audrey: "Whoa there. Slow down. One thing at a time." I chuckled. He was so cute whenever he called. "Stop being a worry-wart. First of all, filming was alright. Good thing Joan was free, so I got some help from her."

Brian: "That's great. Sorry I can't be there to help you film but tell me more about your day."

Audrey: "Well, I stepped out for some coffee this morning but it was really cold and I forgot my jacket again."

He sighed.

Brian: "I knew it."

Audrey: "There was this cute guy who offered me his jacket though.."

There was a pause from his end. Then, I heard his angry voice.

Brian: "WHAT CUTE GUY?! WHAT'S HIS NAME, HUH?! I WANT TO SEE THIS GUY! DID HE HIT ON YOU? IF HE DID, IMMA HIT ON HIM, AND I DON'T MEAN THE ROMANTIC ONE.. I MEAN THE ONE THAT CAN GET ME IN JAIL!"

That special tone that he rarely used...  It was kind of sexy. I kept on laughing, I was obviously kidding but he sounded so manly when he got jealous. I liked it.

Audrey: "Stop there, Mr. Caveman. There wasn't a cute guy, hehe. Of course I wore the jacket you gave me."

Brian: "Hmph, you bully. I wish I had one of your hoodies so I wouldn't miss you this much."

Audrey: "You're so cheesy."

He sighed again, this time even deeper.

Brian: "If we started dating when I asked you, we could've gone to New York together."

Audrey: "Brian please, don't start."

Brian: "The girl I love says she doesn't want people to know that I love her. You're everything I have ever wanted in my life and I'm willing to risk everything for you but you don't want to accept my love. I thought me being out of the country would make you realize how much you loved me too... How am I supposed to make you love me again? I've had enough. I guess this is goodbye."

Audrey: "Wow, are you on drugs?"

Brian: "Hehehe, trying out my acting, was I good?"

I facepalmed.

Brian: "Anyway, I want to remind you that I really miss you and... I still love you."

Audrey: "I uhh.."

Brian: "You don't have to say it back. I'm making sure that I told you that before you go to sleep."

Audrey: "Why are you so emotional today? Did something happen?"

Before I could hear a reply, the line went dead. That was random. The conversation went from normal to dramatic in a second.

He's probably tired or drunk, or both.