Synchronicity II - Invitation

When summer goes winter comes. I wonder when this cycle will ever stop. From the window, I watch cherry blossoms slowly shy away, revealing the bright greenness of the leaves and when time comes the winter chill takes it away.

Palms pressed firmly against the window as rain pelted softly.

Years gone by and I once again alone, forgotten and abandoned like a child’s old toy.

 I’d remembered myself being so foolish when I used to keep by the window hoping to catch sight of the Duke and my sister. When I do, my heart leaped with joy thinking that they had visited my wind to see me. I waited and I waited but they never did. Soon I grew tired and I felt that I was slowly rotten away like the leaves on a tree in a cold, late autumn day. 

I thought the world was giving me another chance to not feel alone anymore but soon it was taken away in a blink of an eye, digging out those old scars that I buried long and adding a few more. My heart began to harden, trapped inside a frozen prison, causing me a heart freeze occasionally. 

I stayed in my bed most of the time, curled in a tight ball, clutching on to my ice burn heart, too weak and fragile to get up anymore. The betrayal and rage clawed painfully deep into my heart, completely taken over my soul.  Tears ran out dried and blood began to fill in its place. Sudden screams of agony let out in the air sending nearby ravens scatter away.

One day an unexpected guest arrived.  It was Lillian herself of course because apparently the princess, now sixteen I assume was busy with her practices with our mother. 

“The princess wanted to personally come and tell you that she would love you to be there for her crowing ceremony but she has practice to do before the grand day.”

“I DON’T CARE!” I hid other my covers.

After so many years, I didn’t have the reason to see Miku again despite the fact she’s my half-sister but where has she’d gone when I most need her? I’m always been bedridden, lost my will to walk or even take a step of my bed because there wasn’t a reason to anymore.

“But the princess herself insisted,” She said or began to say as I threw my wet pillow at her.

“I know I don’t have the right to say this but I really hate to see you like this.” She said softly. “I’ll just leave the invitation beside your bed. Farewell Luka.”

I heard her turn and left, closing the door behind her with a soft click.

I crawled out of my own prison and stared at the black dragon sealed cream envelope. I snatched it and began to tear it in pieces but stopped half way.  Maybe it wouldn’t hurt to read the letter’s content, so I did anyway.

It was just an ordinary invitation with no personal message written from the princess. My heart sank hopping she would but it was just like any other invitations that others might get. Silly me to think that she would. In the end I tore it up after looking and the date and scattering on the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHAT!? Only one page? I thought I could do better than that! Oh well.