Synchronicity II - The First Fall

The court swarmed with people, from commoners to important guests. Black satin with aqua dyed lace hung up on the grey ancient walls. Flags and coat of arms of a black armored dragon strung up over head embodied with rich golden tassels along the edges and decorated around the court.

Dressed in my finest dress that Duke Kaito had taken from his sister’s wardrobe on our first meeting, I peeped from behind the furthest pillar from the thrones.  I’m surprised it still fitted but had gone lose over the few years or maybe I had gotten frail and skinny. I compared my gown to the nearby young servant girls who seemed to be well dressed than I was, plain but free from tatters and creases. I could feel myself crumble every time one of them looked at me with disgust and I would hold on to the pillar for support.

Music played softly in the back ground on the right low podium near the dais. Tables of irresistibly delicious food stretched along the opposite of the orchestra. I watched some commoners grabbing more food than they should and placing into their beaten satchels.  While the nobles, aristocrats gathered together swirling their flutes contained with thick strong wine unaware of the inferior. High class ladies sat on velvet chairs boosting about their riches while normal ladies gossiped amongst each other.  While some young nobly born couples waltz to the song.

Then the servant boys dressed in occasional attires slipped out of the darkness and blew out the side candles leaving the old grand chandelier shining luminously in the centre of everything. People parted away from the red carpeted dance floor to the sides. A pure white gowned lady stepped onto the carpet and moved towards the centre. As she did so she’d waved to the guests as everyone applauded and cried out for her.  That’s when I found out it was my mother.

It was unusual for the Queen to were any colour besides black but as time flowed to their fifty jubilee, they are to passed down their mask to the next successor, the Queen’s power starts to weaken as the process goes on.

“Welcome to my fiftieth jubilee, as you may know that I have been queen for fifty years it is the time to pass on the Mask to my only daughter Miku.” The Queen announced.

There was a stab in my heart which caused me to stumble back against another pillar.

  My very own mother had forgotten her first born, the baby girl who’d almost died from three months of premature and also the one who upset the city’s balance.

Unwilling to do so, I kept my face towards the ceremony. I watched the Queen take off the Mask; a golden light brightened the court as she did so. A beautiful face was revealed, no way near sixty but a face of a thirty young woman.  People sighed ahhhs and ohhhs, until a familiar dreamy voice silenced them. My ears perked up at that voice, I caught a glimpse of a beautiful slick dark blue haired man. I gasped and felt my inside instantly melt. He was more beautiful and handsome than I remembered. 

I continued to go on my toes eager to watch the ceremony not wanting to take my eyes of the Duke.  He was kept right beside Miku accompany her at needs. I watched her close her eyes as ice blue sparkled as the Mask went on.  People shuffled forward leaving me behind all by myself to take a closer look a the new crowned queen. Then applaud began all over again.  I inched forward as well, trying not to lose sight of the charming young Duke. To my disbelief I saw the Duke whispered something to Miku which caused her to laugh behind her lacy black fan then kissed her on the cheek. 

My world began to spin faster and faster. The soft music turned into a tuneless song.

It felt like nothing but darkness closing in till a spotlight was shining on to me. I was trapped in a silver bird cage, white roses began to grow all over the bars then creeping its way to me. The first thorny vine wrapped around my wrist drawing out blood. I screamed in agony trying to rip the vines off my body but drew out more blood in progress. Drops of blood dripped onto the pearly petals and soon all roses were dyed with my blood.

“You’re trapped. Disowned, lost the love of your life and the beloved sister of yours. You’re done for.” A sinister voice spoke out from nowhere causing shivers down my spine.  “But I can fix that.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dang it~! Also one page! But at least it was 250-300 words longer than the previous chapter. If you have been following with me till here then I have to say a big THANK YOU!