Chapter One: Sour Meetings

Gah!! I'm hoping for each chapter to be 2k+ words! I want to update every Tues. or Wednes. as well! I need to commit to something for once in my life XD I usually quit on stories, but I hope this doesn't end!

——

     Cassandra leaned against the maple wood walls of the tack room, closing her eyes momentarily. She was not entertained towards the idea of being a tour guide to the newbie riders. Honestly, she felt dejected at being forced to lead a crew of riders who probably knew nothing about the lands and the ancient hymns it held. She sighed and broke off from her negative state, later picking up the required Bobcat Girls tack for her horse. It was a wonderful mesh of pink perfection, quote the sarcasm.

      She walked down the pristine stable hall of Silverglade Equestrian Center. She was staged here temporarily but the stable for more experienced riders was surely one of the most luxurious in Jorvik. When Cassandra approached her mare, Summerbelle, she paused, catching sight of a familiar blonde. The blonde was cloaked with a quilt adorned by several colorful patterns. 

     "Hey, Loretta. You're sick! What are you doing down here?" Cassandra joined in the patting of Summerbelle's muzzle with her. Loretta faintly smiled and responded, "I came by to say good luck. I know you aren't too excited to greet the new riders, but the Bobcat Girls need a subs-," she sneezed violently, causing Summerbelle to have a neighing ruckus. "Calm down gorgeous...," Cassandra softly whispered towards her beloved mare. Summerbelle was able to calm down by a bit. 

     Loretta hugged the quilt tighter around her. "Oh my unicorns, I'm so sorry. I'm just glad the other horses are more-" she paused to find a word that wouldn't offend her hotheaded friend, "-tame. Anyways, you should tack up and go to Moorland Stables now. Sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll be going now." Loretta waved away and nearly tripped on the walk outside. 

     Cassandra couldn't fit in a bye, so she muttered one underneath her breath. She knew that Loretta wasn't a fan of newcomers as well. She peered at the Bobcat Girls riding jacket she was wearing. She never did like the fleece coat, but it kept her warm in the December chill. Cassandra unbolted the stall door, revealing a full profile of her red dun overo Jorvik Warmblood. "Guess it's time for us to ditch, huh, Summer? Glad I groomed you so early this morning." 

—————-

     Cassandra stood next to Summerbelle in the bustling arena of Moorland Stables. She was trying her hardest not to scream out at the difficulty of maintaining her horse to stay in a calm state. This always happened when it came to crowded places, especially those panicked by people who cried shamelessly about being far from home. Cassandra guessed that they were forced to attend a seminar in Jorvik by pretentious parents who placed ridiculous expectations on their own children.

     She also bet that some had never even set eyes on a real horse. She had to smirk at the thought, although it was quite hypocritical, considering that she was one as well back then. But since she did not like to dwell about home life, Cassandra shook her head. The shrill voice of a whistle made her head snap towards the direction of where it was emitted. Thomas Moorland smiled brightly as members of the Bobcat Girls surrounded him. 

     "Oh shoot!" Cassandra whispered/exclaimed as she scrambled on top of Summerbelle. After what seemed like an eternity since she last ridden, she felt the excitement of being on top of a horse once again. She steered towards the Bobcat Girls, feeling a bit queasy about being peppy, which was what she needed to be when it came to welcoming newbies. 

     Cassandra suppressed the fluttering butterflies in her stomach, knowing full well that her nervousness could, in fact, get on Summerbelle's nerves. She was not afraid of meeting new people, but was rather antisocial when it came to it. For the past years she had been in Jorvik, she had already befriended a close circle of friends. One of those friends included Tan, who had natural charisma and was the perfect candidate of socializing with the new riders. Cassandra guided Summerbelle besides Tan's horse, and asked, "So are we about to get in formation?"