Chapter Three: A Bitter Christmas Pt.1

Decided to split into two parts, because I got more to write.  I need more time to write, so wallah. I promise this chapter is associated with the plot.  On another note, South Jorvik is a bit larger than you would see in-game, a lot larger XD

---

Cassandra woke up on Christmas morning to loneliness. Her roommate and best confident ran off to Brazil for vacation. She forced a laugh to ensure herself that she was not someone to be pitied. She was actually looking forward to festivities, but felt sad when she thought about the people she would be with. She knocked things out of her mind for now and ushered out of bed. She initiated her morning routine and changed into a simple shirt, breeches, and riding boots. She planned on practicing before lunch, but there was a surprise in the common room.

---

With her dressing robes wrapped around her cold body, Cassandra navigated herself to an already crowded common room. Her dorm, Lionel, spared no time when it came to presents. Believe it or not, Santa actually existed in the Jorvik and he hung around in the square of Jarlaheim more than any other places. He only delivered simple presents, which meant you had no choice. Everyone got at least one, some more than others because of how helpful they were.

 The process was much like a vending machine, and most suspect that the delivery service helped as well. They were the ones who organized the gifts anyways. Whoever delivered presents, Cassandra didn't care. She was satisfied by the enormous pile of colorfully wrapped boxes stocked around the room. She could see the dorm monitors bark angrily at anybody who was opening their presents in the common room. 

After waiting in line in what seemed like forever, she finally got her packages, only three. She smiled as she looked at the letters attached to two specific ones. One was from Bjorn and Agnetha about the garden and Ms. Holdsworth with her apple pies.

---

After breakfast, Cassandra left her presents and robe in her room and left for Jorvik Stables, which was basically a joint equestrian facility for Jorvik High and Harvest County Day. No matter how many times she stepped out into the stables, she was always in awe about the massiveness and uniformity of the entire landmark, no wonder it was able to serve two large schools. She went to stables that was assigned to her and embraced the fortune of receiving this particular one. She had moved Summerbelle to this stable from the Silverglade Riding Center on Monday. Thank god, because the other horses must've despised her horse for "betraying" them. 

Before she walked within a meter of Summerbelle, she noticed a rather large group of both girls and boys hanging around another horse's stall. Curious, she walked towards the group and scoped out the horse. She nearly gasped from what she saw. 

"My parents are really spoiling me with this horse. I mean, I'm grateful and everything, but they just had to be highest bid for Aviator. Lord, imagine how many competitions I'll win with this horse!" A girl, probably a senior, bragged in the center of everything. She was the one banned from the disco nights ago, and when Cassandra examined her even more, she wanted to snicker. Her sister had beat this girl countless of times in competitions, and Cassandra had gotten an earful about how horrid she was when it came to bonding with horses. This girl, Giselle Landwright, was the type of rider who relied heavily on their world class horse instead of taking the time to improve their own skill.

Cassandra was indefinitely jealous though. Aviator was featured in an old issue of Saddle Up! magazine because of his great pedigree and blah blah blah. The cherry black English Thoroughbred had far too much hype even before its birth.    

She shook her head and retreated to Summerbelle. What was it to her anyways? Dirt. 

She ended up taking the entire time before lunch just grooming Summerbelle and leading her around the grounds.  The only real change with the scenery was the freshly fallen snow coating everything in its path. Of course, small animals weren't evident anymore. Cassandra left Summerbelle in her stall and headed for the breakfast hall.  She had already planned to have a friendly little chat with Sacred Ruins.