Chapter 8: Hunt Hunt Hunt

As morning approached, The Savage, now with an added member, started to formulate a plan for that day.

"We should just keep walking and see if we can find another water source." says Lucia.

"Yeah, good plan, we also need more food" exclaims Leo.

"I need blood to stay alive and full of energy so, I can hunt, take the blood, and you can have the meat" Minerva says.

"Sure. Let's do that" Lucia says.

"Alright it's a plan then!"

"I can start to hunt now; I sense a deer over behind those trees" Minerva points out.

Before either Lucia or Leo could say anything Minerva already leapt to the trees in the far distance and they heard the crack of the deer’s neck.

   When Minerva was finished drinking, she dragged the deer over to them. She plopped it in front of Lucia and Lucia cleaned the Deer to get the meat. The deer had an 8-pointer so she wrangled the antlers from its head to make a bow and arrow with it.

When she finished cleaning the deer, she took the meat and wrapped it in her jacket and put it in Leos backpack.

"Alright we now have meat. But now I need a string for my bow...." Lucia explained.

The three continued through the forest in search for something they could use as a bow string and for civilization. Minerva stopped and thought for a second and said "give me the deer." Leo handed it right over and Minerva tore out the lower intestine, made sure she dried it from all the blood and cleaned it in water. After all that she concentrated power into her hand to stretch the intestine, the genius made the bow string from a deer's lower intestine. It was very clever, she handed it to Lucia. Leo had already prepared the arrows with out the heads and Minerva had already made sharp points out of the deer's bones and her teeth. As Lucia was about to give the test shot, she heard a shriek, something quickly moved around them swiftly and even Minerva had a hard time seeing it. "It's go time." said Leo, Lucia got her bow ready and Minerva had shot her fangs and her eyes had turned black. As they all fought Leo realized he didn't have any weapons to fight with other than his fists. The creature was still roaming the perimeter confusing everyone. Minerva in a flash disappeared as she went out to look for her, Leo had set up a trap, not too clever but a basic trap that could be overlooked, he had remembered Lucia had a hidden knife. Leo yelled "pass me your knife!" and Lucia threw the knife to Leo. It cut his hand but at least now he had a weapon. As soon as the blood ran, the shriek started again, but louder. "Both of you run!" yelled Minerva. Leo ran to Lucia and she had turned around and started running.