Chapter 9: The Transformation

Lucia and Leo were running for their lives. Lucia tripped and snap! Her string for the bow tore.

"Shit...now what" she said between breaths as she was running.

"Keep running, we'll worry about that later" Leo too said between breaths.

So as they were running for their dear lives away from the mysterious monster they realized Minerva was back there fighting while they were running away...

How cowardly of them, they both thought. But they soon realized, they didn't have greater power. Minerva does. She can't technically die easily. They sure can if put in dangers way.

So, they decided to keep running and find another camp and soon Minerva would find them as she did before when she joined the Savage.

After awhile of running, Lucia and Leo came to a stop in a small clearing.

"We can set up here, and tonight we can sleep in the highest tree to stray away from any predators" Lucia exclaimed

"Sounds like a plan, I’ll go find string up our stuff on that branch" Leo said

“I’ll be back; I’m going to go find some wood and weave it into a string for my bow considering it broke"

So Leo climbed the tallest tree and strung their stuff up there away from prying animals. Lucia went off in search of wood to weave to make her string.

Leo decided to go off in search of logs to make a fire with.

So off they went to do their little tasks, all the while thinking about why Minerva told them to run while she fought...was it a set up?

Eventually everyone returned to the camp and the most horrific sight was there. The Berserker's head lying on the floor next to Minerva who was practically almost unconscious, Lucia and Leo dropped their stuff and went to Minerva to check on her and see if she was ok. Leo said "I may not know exactly how this works but you need this" he put out his wrist for her to bite. Minerva shocked said "What a generous offer, if I bite you, you'll turn into a vampire hybrid also." Leo thought for a second and said "If we're going to die fighting, I will die at the peak of salvation so take as much as you need." She bit Leo and after she had finished Leo had fallen down and began screaming as if someone tore out his insides. Lucia aimed the knife at Minerva and yelled "What did you do?!?" Minerva answered with a smirk "This is the process to becoming a vampire, what you're seeing are his blood cells becoming ice cold and immortal as his heartbeats fade away." Lucia said "If he doesn’t get out of this alive, I'll kill you...”