Part 15: Rhiannon's return

Taking a private flight from the U.S. to Wales was tough, Lindsey allowing Karen to be the one to comfort Stevie; deep down him wanting to be the one doing it. It looked as if whatever prayer had been sent upon her was working, seeing her go through barely any pain like before, hoping that what they sacrificed was the proper decision. 

Lindsey watched Stevie sleep, occasionally letting his eyes fall but opening them back up again; still, he felt she was his responsibility no matter how she stood in his life.

When they landed, a car was already waiting for them, Stevie disguised at best, helping her sit inside the vehicle that would take them to a rented castle. There was no way that they could do an exorcism in a hospital or hotel, an elder woman meeting them at the front door and introducing herself as, Aeres; she was the nun and mid wife that Father Michael claimed to know and one of the main reasons they were there.

Aeres gave Stevie a good look over, privately examining her as the men stood outside a bedroom door.

"I see you've never had children," spoke Aeres in a deep British accent.

Stevie's heart dropped, tears filling her eyes as she leaned her head back in to a pillow. "...no."

"Then this must be awfully unusual for you."

"Of course!"  shooting her head back up. "Ma'am, I appreciate you and your help but to be honest... what happened to me was not even a glimpse of happiness."

"I'm sorry," taking off her gloves and covering Stevie's lower half in a blanket, "...part of my job is to be calm for you and though I am not saying there is any happiness within this, it's kind of me to willingly engage in friendly conversation."

Stevie just wanted Lindsey, no one else but Lindsey, the castle even being too cold for her! "Please, just make sure that nothing happens to Lindsey."

"Dear, Rhiannon wants you."

The creepiness of Aeres had Stevie clutching the bedsheets, actually more secure as Aeres left, Lindsey re-entering as the nun spoke with the Fathers.

"Linds," whispered Stevie, "...something is not right."

"What? What's not?" taking her hand and kissing it.

"I don't like the way she talks; don't leave me alone with her again."

"But, why, honey? She is supposed to be the expert here -"

"I don't think she is..."

Lindsey furrowed his brow, pulling up a chair to sit near Stevie, keeping her fingers clasped to his.

"Keep me safe, Lindsey, please," begged Stevie as Lindsey smiled, kissing her hand.

"Stevie, the whole reason that you're here is so we can make you safe."

Still, Stevie was unsure of Aeres now, about everything that was actually going on. Who were these two exorcists and what was their actual connection to this nun?

Before they all agreed on doing the exceptionally risky exorcism, the two Fathers did another prayer for Stevie, placing their hands on to her pregnant belly; Aeres was in the kitchen and making tea, bringing it to the three men as they thankfully accepted...

...it was only seconds before they all began to feel strange, light headed and disoriented, Stevie being tied up by Aeres as she began to panic. "Aeres, what are you doing? What are you doing? This is not part of your job! This is not your job!"  but too weak to fight her, watching as the Fathers collapsed to the wooden floor. "Lindsey! Lindsey! Lindsey, don't close your eyes! Lindsey, don't!" screamed Stevie, desperately trying to break free from the rope but only giving herself burns in return.