Part 19: Recovery

"Stay with me, baby," Stevie cried as Lindsey was held down by Father Garth, Karen rocking the baby in her arms to keep from more crying. "Your pills are coming, they're coming..." rubbing his sweaty forehead. "You saved me and now I will save you," leaning over painfully on her knees to give him a forehead kiss. "Don't give up on me, I need you..." whispering in his ear as tears were plainly seen trailing his face. "I love you, Lindsey."

Seeing the light from the door opening up the staircase, all heads turned in direction of what looked to be Father Michael, and just as he was about to close the door behind him...

SLASH

A corn husker sliced off his head, his body in shock as with one blink, the Father's head slid from his neck...

BOUNCE - BOUNCE - BOUNCE

...down the stairs his head fell, rolling to the bottom of the dungeon as both women screamed; his body going limp and traveling after.

Father Garth rushed to the bottom of the staircase, loads of people entering through the door as he searched Father Michael's pockets for Lindsey's pills.

He finally found them in the back pocket of his pants, missing a near life death experience as he was able to tumble backwards. "We have to run! We have to get out!" running back towards the women and handing Stevie the pill bottle.

The lights of the people's lanterns grew brighter, Stevie forcing a pill in to Lindsey's mouth then rubbing his neck, opening his mouth to literally blow down his esophagus. 

Standing back up was severely painful for Stevie, her broken pelvis searing, but she had to do something!

"HALT! STOP!" she held her palms out in front of her, putting on yet another Rhiannon impersonation. "BOW IN MY PRESENCE, THE LOT OF YOU!"

"Queen"

"Yes, my Queen"

"We are not worthy"

All the village people were listening and it brought great optimism to Stevie.

As Lindsey calmed from his seizure, Father Garth assisted him with sitting, Karen standing back behind Stevie as she did her magic.

"Why have you followed me here? Why have you all forsaken me?"  asked Stevie with her head high.

"Your majesty, we felt you were in trouble - you said you'd never leave the village!" said Aeres.

"Don't you think I would have called if I needed help? Do you think that I would allow just any man to carry me through the gates?"

They jumped back as Stevie lifted her arms up in to the air, intimidated.

"Yes, my Queen, but these men were here to stop your progress," inquired Aeres. "I feared for your manifest."

"All of you have been nothing but disappointment! Leave, all of you, at once!" screamed Stevie, the village people listening by heading back up the stairs, but Aeres still stood. "Did you not hear me?" questioned Stevie. "I said, all of you, leave!"

"How do I know you are my leader?" asked Aeres.

"Don't you ever question me! Ever!" exclaimed Stevie. "Head back in to the village!"

"Why would Rhiannon be caught in their company?"

"Like I had just said, you never  question me!" pointing her finger in Aeres' direction.

"I'm sorry, Queen, but you must understand how this looks to me."

"And I have explained it rightfully," Stevie's chest puffing out.