Part 18: With God's prayer

Carrying Stevie up the stairs, Father Michael got her set up on the bed, Lindsey helping tie her wrists up before the two Fathers began opening their Bibles; their purple shams were placed around their necks and crucifixes out.   

"Baby, listen to me," began Lindsey, touching her forehead. "I want you to know that I have done everything in my power to help you, to make sure that nothing happens to you. I want to apologize for what Aeres put you through -"

"Lindsey, you don't have to say anything; I know that you would never put me in danger purposely."

"We can't talk," interrupted Father Michael, "...they'll be here any second and the whole exorcism will be destroyed!" 

Stevie watched as Karen held the little boy in her arms, holding him at the request of her wishes. 

"I love you; I love all of you..." Stevie started crying, "... especially you, Lindsey," looking up at him as he cried at her bedside. "If I never come out of this alive, I will never stop loving you! You'll always be my heart and I'll always be with you."

"Don't talk like this, baby," laying his head against her chest. "You're going to be fine and I love you more than anyone," kissing her lips. "Think about me, don't give up and let her win," giving her hand a squeeze as she caressed his fingers.

Father Michael made Lindsey stand with them, Holy water splashed on to Stevie to bring out Rhiannon, her beautiful brown eyes turning black as the witch was allowed to surface.

"Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen." Father Michael started.

"Repeat after me," Father Garth turned to Lindsey and Karen, "...we need as much prayer to banish as possible," as he went on to the Lord's prayer:

"Our Father, which art in heaven,

Hallowed be thy Name.

Thy Kingdom come.

Thy will be done in earth,

As it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses,

As we forgive them that trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation,

But deliver us from evil.

For thine is the kingdom,

The power, and the glory,

For ever and ever.

Amen"

"Look what you've done!" Rhiannon spoke through Stevie, pulling at the ties on her wrists. "How dare you interfere with my return, to take my baby away once more! You'll pay! All of you!" the bed shaking rapidly as screams and cries from Stevie came through.

Father Michael placed his crucifix to Stevie's forehead, listening to the sizzle of her skin, Lindsey crying out. "No, you're hurting her!"

"Keep him back!" Father Michael exclaimed. "We don't have time to start over!"

Father Garth kept him at bay, assuring him that what was happening was normal; that Stevie was not Stevie  and they could only hope it would be over soon.

The contents of the holy water burnt her skin, a solid scar from a cross on her forehead, screams upon sceams echoing through out the castle.

"Mae hi wedi mynd, mae hi'n mynd! Ni allwch gael hi!" (She's gone, she's gone! You can't have her!) growled from Stevie's throat in Welsh, Rhiannon controlling her from inside out.