one

"Okay, okay. You next." Jo managed to spit out between laughs.

"Okay, who's my selection?" Lily replied, smiling.

"Kiss Marry Kill... Kurt Cobain, Prince Charles or.... hmm.... my brother."

"Oh.... too soon. Kill Kurt, since well... you know." she said, scrunching up her nose, remembering the details of his suicide that she'd on the news that night.

"Ok and?" questioned Jo.

"I'd probably kill Charles too if I'm honest, he was so mean to Di."

"I know right? Did you see what Ok! Weekly wrote about the prenup agreement? Brutal..."

"What no? Tell me!"

"You're getting off topic, Lils..."

"Fine. Kiss Charles, marry Kai. Done." 

"I always knew you had a soft spot for me." A voice said. The girls turned around, it was Jo's brother Malachai.

Lily rolled her eyes. "It was just a game, Kai. Doesn't mean anything."

"Hmm, that almost hurts me."

"Wanna play?" asked Jo.

"No thanks, I've got better things to do than play games at a sleepover." He said, eyeing the girls, "And if either of you wake me tonight, you're dead."

Lily snickered and looked at Jo. "I'll take that into consideration."

Kai shook his head and left in a huff. The two girls had been having sleepovers and playing these games since elementary school. Now, as two girls in college, not much seems to have changed.

"What do we do next?" asked Jo.

"I don't know, but I'm kinda hungry..."

"Let's get something to eat. A midnight snack never hurt anyone."

Jo lead Lily to her family's kitchen. It was absolutely huge. Which made sense, as they needed something to cater for their large family. Lily never really understood why they had so many children. It was almost as if they were breeding them. But nonetheless, she appreciated the constant buzz in the household, much unlike her own.

"PB&Js?" Jo asked.

"You know it."

While Jo was making the sandwiches, Lily wandered around the open kitchen, which lead to the living room. She watched Liv and Luke who'd fallen asleep on the couch in the middle of playing with their toys. Surprisingly, Liv prefered the trains and Luke prefered the dolls. They were so cute.

She heard harsh voices coming from the room behind them. 

"You're an abomination, Malachai. Leave my office." 

No other than Joshua Parker, Jo's dad. He was very hard on her, but it seemed like her was harder on Kai. She never spoke about her dad the way he did. But Lily just tried to stay out of it, she didn't want to get involved in anyone's problems.

A solemn Malachai emerged from his father's office. He looked like a puppy with its tail between its legs. He looked up at Lily. She shot Kai a smile, but he turned his cheek, walking away.

"One for you.." Jo said, passing Lily and sandwich, "and one for me."

"Thanks Jo," she said, in between mouthfuls, "amazing as always."

"Homecoming is coming up, who are you going with?" Jo asked Lily.

"I don't know yet, what about you?"

"I am going with Johnny. He asked me on Friday, how cool is–" Jo was cut off by a scream. "Joey..." Jo ran upstairs, leaving Lily alone.

What's going on? Lily thought, taking another bite of her sandwich. Joey screamed again, and then stopped suddenly, promptly followed by multiple screams, matching children she'd known since they were born. She stood up straight, frightened. Her breathing fastened.

A few hours had passed, listening to scattered footsteps upstairs. She didn't know what to do, except hide underneath the table. Malachai bounded down the stairs, covered in blood. "Where's Jo?" he asked, angrily.

"I don't–"

"WHERE'S JO?" he asked, grabbing her by the shoulder and pulling her out from underneath the dining table.

She looked around. The twins had disappeared. "Kai I really–"

"Malachai!" a voice boomed. Lily turned around, it was Joshua, along with his wife and a few people she recognised, but didn't know.

They began to chant something in a foreign language, over and over. They moved closer to Kai, still with a firm grip on Lily, pushing him out the door, onto the front lawn.

Their chants grew in volume and intensity, until all the sudden, they disappeared.

"What..." Lily began, but trailed off. She kept opening her mouth, but nothing came out. She looked to her left. Kai was just as stunned as her.

All the sudden, Kai started laughing. "Oh you've got to be kidding me..."

"I don't get it..." she said to him, confused. She looked at him, with a blood stained shirt and a mischievous smile. 

"We're trapped." He said, in between laughs.

"What?"

"I think you're just a casualty, but we're trapped. This is too good." He smiled, shaking his head.

Lily stood there, almost frozen. She couldn't wrap her head around what was happening. What did he mean, they were trapped? There right where they were a minute ago... Except without his parents and their friends. Where'd they go? She must've lost track of time, as she could see the sun.

"I-I..." She began, but found no words.

Kai smiled at her, "welcome to hell."