five

Kai stood above the unconscious body of his sister's best friend. Somehow, he survived the fall, but she didn't.

After the jump, he blacked out, and then woke a few minutes ago. It was morning now.

"Fricking Gemini Coven..." he muttered. They probably put a hex on me to that I'd have to endure forever alone. But then she came along. He looked at her. She was so still. 

Suddenly, she sat up, gasping for air; hyperventilating. She looked around rapidly, and her breathing slowed.

"I died..." She said, unsure of herself.

"Yep."

"But I'm here now?"

"Yep."

"And so are you?"

"Yep."

She sat, looking at the ground, before a tear fell off her cheek. Kai didn't know how to react. He wasn't really one for... emotions.

He stiffly patted her on the back. "It'll be okay. At least we're here together."

She sighed, knowing she didn't really have a choice in what she could do. "I guess so."

<----^----> 

A few months later

"Kai, what are we doing for the fourth of July?" She asked, watching him read a book he'd found in his father's office.

"I don't know. Got any fireworks?" He asked.

"No."

"Glowsticks?"

"No."

"Then nothing." He said with a condescending smile.

She just rolled her eyes, taking another sip of some coffee she'd made earlier.

"We're missing so many things," she muttered to herself, "graduation, birthdays, parties..."

"When's your birthday?" He asked her, looking up from his book.

"August 1st."

"I'll tell you what, I'll throw you a party for your 21st."

"Really?"

"No. We're the only ones here, suck it up, the world keeps moving." He said snarkily, looking back down to his novel

She sighed. Kai was in a bit of a mood. She noticed that the further away they were from his house, his mood was better. They were in his house at the moment. 

"I'm going home, Malachai." She said, grabbing her jacket off the back of her chair.

"Ok." He said, not looking up.

She walked to the door, "see you later, I guess."

"Yeah..."

Walking home was incredibly boring for Lily. There were no cars to watch or animals to spot; it was bland. The same trail she walked everyday never changed. She had just about memorised the number of steps it took her to get from her house to Kai's – 246... or was it 256? Key word: almost.

She was getting bored of her daily routine. Wake up, have breakfast, go see Kai, try to convince him to do something, have lunch, go home, read a book. She felt like she was going insane. She would just about do anything to change it up. But alas, she was not in control of her life, some witchy leader was.

She still didn't fully understand the concept behind witches and whatnot. Kai tried to explain to her that vampires and werewolves are real too, but she wouldn't believe him until she had proof.