two

She looked at him for a good ten seconds, then looked away, then looked back at him again. "I'm going home."

"It's not that simple Li-"

"Don't follow me." She added, walking down the street. Luckily, her house was only a few blocks down.

<----^---->

Huh that's weird, the girl thought, usually my parents are home by now. She shrugged off the thought.

She'd been sitting in her living room since noon, but there was no sign of her parents. She knew they worked the occasional long shift at the hospital, but she didn't think they were working this afternoon, or this evening, now.

She lied down on her couch, thinking about what'd happen a few hours ago. Why was Kai covered in blood? Why was Joey screaming? Where did Liv and Luke go? What was Jo's dad doing? All these questions flooded to her head, but she couldn't seem to find answers to them.

Was Kai being murdered? Was Joey being murdered? Did Liv and Luke escape? She couldn't stop the flow of questions from trickling into her mind.

She tried to close her eyes and sleep. It wasn't a school night, or morning now, but going to bed too late was never a good thing. That's what her mother always told me, and Jo's father too, but she always thought that was just to shut them up during their sleepovers.

She tried counting sheep. One sheep, two sheep, three...

That wasn't working.

She tried counting backwards from 100.

100, 99, 98, 97...

<----^---->

"What time is it?" Lily asked herself, sitting up in her bed. She didn't know how long she'd been asleep for. 

Her clock read 8am, but she was distracted by a delicious smell, coming from outside her door. Breakfast.

She threw on her robe and ran out.

"Mum, it smells absolutely de-"

The person standing at the stove was not her mother, nor her father, but Kai.

"Want some bacon?" He asked her, with a condescending smile.

She scowled at him, "what are you doing here?"

"Hmm, I pissed off my parents."

"Then why'd you come to my house? Don't you have other friends you can stay with?" She asked, baffled.

"Oh, you mean here? In your house?" He laughed, "I guess I owe you an explanation."

She just looked at him, unable to find any words to say.

"Come, I have a long story to tell you." He said somewhat joyously, moving towards the dining table with two plates.

Lily silently sat across from him, confused as to what he was on about.

"and try my waffles. I actually put effort into them." He added

She took a bite. "Not too bad, Kai."

"Thanks, Lily. Not that it matters."

She rolled her eyes. He was always trying to prove to everyone that he didn't need anybody else's approval or presence. "Have you spoken to Jo this morning? I think I left my watch in her room. And why were you all bloody last night? And why was Joey screaming?"

"Patience," he smirked at her, "all will be revealed if you listen."

She nodded at him, "ok..."