MIRACLES AT PALANI

At that time devotees had to cross through several streams, rivers and forest to reach Palani temple. One such river is Nalkasi, near Ottenchattiram where water floods through the banks of the river at this Thai month. Devotees from other villages will wait for Aarumuganar's hoping Kavadi since he will make way through the river. Praying to Lord Muruga, Aarumuganar sprinkles the sacred ash upon the river and touches with his pirambu (stick). The water level of the river recedes and devotees with Kavadis' will follow Aarumuganar's hoping Kavadi. At Palani, the temple authorities would wait for the arrival of Arumuganar's hoping Kavadi to do the ucchi kaala poojai at 12pm. Such is the fame of Arumuganar's hoping Kavadi.

Once few people who want to desanctify Aarumuganar's Kavadi viratham, tied up a vessel with fish kulambu (curry) in his Kavadi. As Aarumuganar was only in the consciousness of Lord Muruga, he was unaware of this incident. But the All-knowing God, turned the situation to make the people aware of Aarumuganar's benevolence.. While Aarumuganar was crossing the river with fish curry, tied up to the Kavadi, the dead fishes in the curry gained life and jumped out of the vessel to the river! Evil deed turned to good deed! Such is Aarumuganar's tapas!

 While Aarumuganar was crossing the river with fish curry,  tied up to the Kavadi, the dead fishes in the curry gained life and  jumped out of the vessel to the river! Evil deed turned to good deed!  Such is Aarumuganar's tapas!

Aarumuganar sprinkles the sacred ash upon the river and water level of the river recedes