Chapter 4: I knew

Jasmine

When I saw him walk out the door, it felt like I had lost everything all over again. Michael is everything to me. I knew he would find out about everything, I should've just been honest with him. If i would've told him the truth, I feel like I would've lost him. I lost him anyway and he has been gone three days. I don't know where he is, but I miss him.

On the third day Michael was gone, I heard the door open. Thinking it was him, I came out of the room holding Jalaya. When I made it to the front of the house, the door was closed and I knew something was wrong. Before I could do anything else, someone had me blindfolded. I nearly lost my mind when my baby was taken out of my hands. I could hear multiple people moving around the house and I was so afraid something would happen to my baby. I kept quiet because they had not attempted to hurt me yet and I was sure that was the only way I would stay alive. I had counted to sixty about twenty times before I felt someone pick me up and carry me outside. I don't know what made me do it, but I put my face in his chest and instantly knew who he was.

It wasn't genius instinct or anything like that. I knew it was him because I knew the person holding me. I remembered his favorite cologne that he always wore. I knew it was him because even though he had kidnapped me and blindfolded me, he was gentle. There was no other person in the world who could hold me like he did.

"Brandon", I whispered.

"Be quiet", he said in a voice too familiar. He put me in a car and I felt a carseat next to me. I knew he would never hurt me, so my heart automatically slowed. I was no longer scared for me or Jalaya, but Michael.

I heard Brandon's slow breathing not far away in the car and I began to talk. "Why are you doing this?", I asked.

"How did you know it was me?", he asked.

"I knew because your cologne gave you away. I knew because you are the only person in the world who holds me the way you just held me. I knew because I know you", I told him honestly.

That was the complete truth. Brandon had kept me alive many times. Awhile ago, he was everything to me, but I knew he was only about to make my life complicated.

"Why are you here?", I asked him.

"Why did you leave?", he asked matching my tone....