Chapter 15: Happily Ever After

Jasmine

My eyes weren't open for long before I saw him fall to the ground. I crawled over to him, begging them to help him. They threw him in the truck and we drove forever before we reached a hospital. I remember hearing my baby cry and someone placing her in my arms. I robotically fed her and soothed her with thoughts of Brandon on my mind. He was in the back and someone had been able to get his heart thumping again. When we reached the hospital, doctors took him away to surgery. It was three in the morning before we were able to see him. He slept under heavy medication, but when I saw he was okay, I was able to really breathe.

We slept in a hotel not far away from the hospital for three days until Brandon was able to leave. Michael agreed to let him stay in the house until he was back healthy and he never let me leave his sight. He held me as we slept with Jalaya firmly in my arms. He told me about how he missed me and how he loved me. He told me he was sorry for leaving my side. I told him the truth for the first time and we cried together, but I never felt closer to him. I loved this man. I realized that all the other times I thought I was in love did not compare to this. I could not live without this man. Sure he had damaged my life, but he had also made it so much better.

We had survived something most couples couldn't dream of getting through. On the third night at the hotel, I remember telling him we were getting married as soon as we got home. We promised to never lie to each other again and it was almost "Happily Ever After"..