Chapter 11: Captured

Jasmine

I was in the alley with Jalaya when I felt it: my stash. I had totally forgotten about the stack of money in my bra that I kept on me. I gathered my baby and her things and walked until I saw something helpful. First, I came upon a corner store. I got some baby formula and diapers, then used a payphone to call a cab to the nearest hotel. Before the cab came, I went back in the store to buy the rest of my necessities.

When I got to the hotel, I bathe Jalaya and fed her before she was sound asleep. I took a shower as she snored away in the bed. For the first time in a long time, I had time to think alone. I didn't know what my next move was or who it was going to be with, but I needed rest. I climbed in bed with my baby and went to sleep.

When I woke up, I didn't feel Jalaya in my arms anymore and I almost had a heart attack. When I looked over and saw him holding my baby in one arm and a gun in another, I forced myself to calm down. I don't know how he found me, but here was my "guard" sitting in my hotel room. I knew I was in trouble...

I remember everything going black for awhile before waking up to his phone call with Brandon. I kept thinking, "he's going to kill me and my baby"..