Chapter 8: Double Check

Aaron

As I vaguely drifted in and out of consciousness, I could hear someone asking me my name, but all I could see was blackness. The last thing I heard was the beeping of a machine before I gave way to the darkness. When I reopened my eyes, I saw white all around and I thought I was in heaven, but when I looked down I saw tubes in my arm; I knew exactly where I was.

"Sir, I'm Dr. Stevens, can you tell me your name ?", an annoying voice said from across the room.

"Aaron Ryan", I answered in a daze.

"Well hi Aaron, I was your surgeon and I'm here to explain everything to you", he said. "You were shot three times, two of your ribs were broken and one bullet barely missed your heart", he held up the chart.

"When can I leave?", I impatiently asked.

"Well you've been under an anesthetic for a couple of days and you're healing speedily, but I would like to keep an eye on you for about two more days and you're free to go home. It's a miracle you're alive Mr. Ryan."

When he said that, I suddenly found myself very angry. I wasn't angry with him, but Brandon was a different story. Right then, I told myself Brandon and that bitch were going to lose their lives. I hope he found the lil bitch because if not, I promised myself I would find her for him and deliver her to him dead personally. I couldn't believe that nigga shot me after all the things I had done for that nigga. I had put my life on the line plenty of times for that nigga and he repaid me with three to the chest. When he shot me, he should've made sure I was dead. Nigga needed to learn to double check before he crosses the wrong nigga; well shit, he already did.