Chapter 5: Old Michael is Back

Michael

When I got home, I crossed Jasmine off of my list. I knew it wasn't her because our house had been broken into. She wouldn't have had to break in somewhere she had a key to and lived in. Also, there were bottles and bottles of champagne, I knew she had drank alone over the last three days, laying around. The champagne let me know that Jasmine was stressing because every since we moved to Atlanta, champagne had been the answer to all her problems.

What I didn't understand was that there was no sign of struggle anywhere in the house. Stuff had been thrown around in the baby's room, the refrigerator had been rummaged through, and her closet in our bedroom was messy. I knew somebody packed for her because she was always too clean to leave a mess.

What I knew about these niggas was that they wouldn't hurt Jasmine or the baby, but they would hurt me and my boys. This is way more personal than I thought.

It didn't matter who they were anymore or why they wanted to kill me because they had two things that I wanted back: wifey and Jalaya.

It didn't matter that Jasmine had lied to me at the moment, I just wanted her safe and home with my daughter in her arms. I guess this meant that the old me would have to resurface. Until I got my daughter and fiancée back, nobody was going to sleep...