12|12|07

At first, nothing happened. Jax stayed frozen against my touch; his body rigid and his lips unsure. His eyes were open in surprise, darkened by desire to have my body pressed against his. I was sure my expressions mirrored his own, and I felt completely in control of my actions, although I was drunk. Choices changed to instinct, as a pure animalistic connection between us formed; his actions and mine the rawest form of power and dominance.

As the slow seconds passed by, he absolved all forms of resistance, pulling me to his side of the car so that I was sloppily sitting on his lap. My chest was pressed against his, both of us heaving in the desperate attempts to balance our need for survival and our need for each other. His hands roamed; first at the side of my bare thighs, then to the small of my back, and finally tangled in my dark messy hair. However, his cool lips stayed firmly against my own, sending an electric spark from his body to my own. My heart started to race as his lips moved against mine, torturing me by taunting me with what we both couldn't have. With impulse purely controlling my actions, I bit his bottom lip slowly, coaxing him to let me in, causing him to groan into my mouth.

"Fuck, Adrianna," he whispered against my lips, his breath mixing with my own, tainted with alcohol. "You're drunk."

"Don't call me Adrianna," I pouted, leaning back against my steering wheel. My breaths were short, like his, and I could see the cold air seize the little my lungs could provide me with.

"Really?" he asked, raising an eyebrow amusedly. His eyes were lightened from their previous state, one whose memory sent a deep shudder through my fragile body.  "What should I call you then?"

"I don't know," I shrugged, "you'll figure it out. Everyone has a different nickname for me. Jay calls me Anna. Marc used to call me Ana."

I frowned slightly at the mention of Jay's name, remembering that Jax thought Jay had betrayed me; shifting his alliance from me to his father in the prospect of my murder. I needed to make sure Jax never found out about this lie: Jay's security depended on it.

"What did your dad call you?" he inquired, curiosity alight in his usually dark eyes. The name almost fell from the tip of my tongue, before I recalled that Jax was my enemy, no matter what I felt towards him and how he responded to those feelings.

"John," I said seriously, attempting to make a joke out of my deceit, bursting into a fit of giggles as confusion flitted across Jax's features. I grinned at him before clambering back to my side of the car, staring at him pointedly.

"Drive," I ordered, leaning my head back against the leather to assuage the nausea dizzying me. He rolled his eyes at my sudden change in demeanor and slipped the keys into the ignition. As he started the car, easing it onto the dark road, the blank darkness around me dulled my mind. I reached over to Jax mindlessly, and running my finger across the edge of his loose black shirt.

"Your shirt is really soft."

"Your eyes are really green."

"Your hair is really pretty."

"Adrianna?" Jax piped up, clearly disgruntled by my comments.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Shut the fuck up," he deadpanned, shooting a frustrated glare at me. I chuckled at his impatience before falling back into my seat, letting the night capture my mind and lull me into a state of silence.