Alphas Are Idiots

~Third Draft~

Chapter 1

They say you can't escape destiny, well destiny's a bitch. Everything happen for a reason? Shove it back up your butt where it belongs. Sometimes things happen because people are cruel and life isn't fair, you just have to continue on and make it better. Because it will continue on with or without you. So even if you're not ready, you have to go to school.

You'd think after almost twelve years of it, you'd be used to it. But every day was an adventure when you have a secret to keep. Because every secret when you're five starts without knowing it's a secret. But every secret when you're seventeen is a treasure. At school, most people keep quiet about their sexuality, or their failing grades, or abusive parents. I have to keep quiet about my species.

I was technically human, seeing as I'm turning eighteen in two weeks and have yet to turn into my true form. I was raised a wolf, believe it or not they had manners. They had more than manners, I was considered royalty. Mine is the most abundant alpha bloodline, with my father being purebred and my mother a grandmother away from purity. And in a world where the average is a far descendant, I'm pretty extraordinary.

They were tempted to give me the position, as I had been born and trained to be a Luna but because of my 'condition' I was placed omega. I'm the worst person you could put in that position! I was not meant to be of such low value. I am an Alpha, in body mind and soul.

I am normal though, and I like every other teenage girl hope I find my mate. No one from the before was my other half and I know because if they found out they would've told me. I was seen as someone of high stature, daughter of the Alpha and all. But I'd rather not reminisce on the 'before'. I'm in the after now, and I'll deal.

I get a lot of judgment because of my 'condition' but it's not as if I can command my wolf to magically appear. My brother Zach is becoming Beta, he's surprisingly funny and good natured. But I guess it's hereditary.

I wasn't the type to dress too fancy because I hate that kind of attention, but I didn't like that people assumed because I was smart I was a 'nerd'. Excuse me; you have no idea who I am. Don't prejudice. I have a huge ego, and am not afraid to make you cry.

I was an athletic person, I was always on every sports team they had. I don't think I'll try out this year. It'll be hard to find motivation. Yet I love to dance and I'm healthy and fit, but in no way am I alarmed with the way I look. I'm strong, maybe a little curvy, but hey- I look human (I do see the irony), like thigh gap? What's a thigh gap? Can you eat it?

I guess my active lifestyle comes from the fact that I'm half animal. I think I owe a lot to the fact that I'm half animal; the height at which I tower at and the caramel tone of my skin. The unnatural red tones in my dark hair and possibly my dark hazel eyes.

I was just walking down the hall when it happened. The yellow walls plastered with rows and rows of multicolored lockers gave no indication and the hall that never seemed to end didn't shake in his presence.

I was walking towards my friends from the before, Kaylie my Bff and the rest of the gang came here too. My headphones were in listening to take off you colors and my dark blue backpack slung over my shoulders. My black sneakers squeaking slightly as I walked, my mind stuck in a zone where nothing registered. But slowly a scent crept in that curled my toes and made the back of my neck hairs stand on end. It was refreshing and addicting, like cookie scented candles.

Mate. My mate? I didn't expect to find him this quickly! Is he pretty, is he smart? Will he like me? Did I brush my teeth this morning? Wait what was that? Who do you think it is? You're speaking to me, like in my head. Obviously.