Happily Ever After

As promised,...

WEDDING SCENE

"SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT. WHERE'D YOU PUT MA RING?" Kayla runs around the room searching for them under every box and candle and pillow and flower, "I can't find it! I swore I put it right there!" think fast!

"We need to improvise!" she stares at me eye wide, waiting for my ingenious ideas. "Pipe cleaner?" apparently not. She looks at me like I'm stupid and continues searching; "we could cut one out of paper?" she turns to me, and slowly smiles. What? What is- NO. NO NO NONONONONNOONOOOOO-

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

When I got up that morning, I forgot it was my wedding day. I kept on my pajamas, fed the baby, went downstairs to make some bacon and when I opened the fridge and closed it again, got a good look at the calendar- I screamed. In bold words it said, SEE YOU AT THE ALTER, PLEASE DON'T FORGET. LOVE YOU, DOM. I forgot.

Soon after Bridgette, Kayla, Michelle, Marcella, Marcie, and Jessica came to my rescue. They actually remember where I put my dress.

Jessica doesn't ring a bell? She one of the bitches that tried and failed to make look like a loser. Turns out she's decent, who knew?

My wedding dress is a sleeveless, sheath, beaded, chiffon, sweetheart dress with a cathedral train. Those are literally the only words I know in dressanese. I'm pretty sure the fashion world has enough made up words to have its own language by now.

(Go search that up, all of it, on google images, should be the first dress to appear. That is if dresses are a huge deal for you. Meh)

I let them do my hair and makeup, while I played with Liam with my feet under my dress. Then came the rings, I had to get Dom's and Dom had mine. Kayla my maid of honor, didn't take very good care of the engraved ring, she said she put it somewhere you couldn't miss it. Guess what? We're missing it.

By the time we got a improvisation and Zach started marching me down the aisle, I didn't care anymore and for once in my life, lost the sarcasm, lost the stubbornness and resistance, the icky feeling when things were too cheesy and nearly cried when we had to recite our vows.

But then the rings.

Dom slid his ring down my hand and I gasped, it was gorgeous, then I cringed remembering what mine was. "With this ring, I now thee wed, my one and only mate, Karissa, to be mine and only mine." Jasmine threw up somewhere in the corners of my mind but I paid her no attention.

The ring was a simple platinum band with the engraving of and infinity sign smack dab in the middle and a protruding heart on the inside, so when I wear it long enough and then take it off, a heart will be there. The metal shone like a mirror, and because of its quality, it would never rust or ruin.

Then my ring.

I'm pretty sure everybody gasped and then went silent as I pulled out a ring pop and slid it on his finger. In fact, the pastor dropped his book and it took him two seconds to realize it wasn't in his hands anymore. "With this, uh, candy, I now thee wed, my one and only mate, Dominick, to be mine and only mine."

Someone actually fainted.

Dom was extremely pale as he looked at the big red candy jewel on his finger and then to me. That when he figured it out and started laughing. Everyone thought he was insane, until I joined it. Now they really knew we were insane.

Until Liam trotted down the aisle to us jingling and slobbering everywhere. There on his collar was my ring.

I bend down to retrieve it, rubbed my little boys head and showed the audience my strawberry gold band. Then I took off the ring pop, stuck it the pastors open mouth, and placed the rightful ring on his hand. It was gold with an engraving on the inside; I love you, my idiot.

I threw my arms around his neck and kissed him, somewhere in the background I could hear the pastor proclaim us husband and wife, Kyla cry, Kayla cry, Marcie cry, and Bridgette laugh.

I later learned it was Zach who fainted.

But none of that mattered as I had everything in the world I needed in my arms, and the little more in the room.

That sounds like the perfect happily ever after to me. 

JoeyCross