Chapter 5

Our team stared up at the Forest of Death. "It doesn't look so bad!" Temari quipped, trying to lighten the atmosphere. I could tell by the way her and Kankuro were looking at me, that they were scared by my sudden outburst.

"It looks like a forest. Nothing more, nothing less." I stated in a calm voice.

I turned around when I heard some commotion. The proctor grazed the blonde fluff ball's cheek with a kunai. I smirked. He deserved it. Then, a strange woman with tongue like a snake passed Anko's kunai back, her tongue wrapped around the handle. A dark, dangerous aura surrounded her. I looked over at Gaara, and I could tell he was thinking the same thing.

The confrontation settled down, though. Soon enough, we got our Earth scroll. "Okay guys, we just have to get our Heaven scroll now!" Kankuro said, like it wasn't obvious.

"Gates opening in three, two, one! GO!" The proctor yelled, and with that, we dashed off into the forest.

It wasn't too soon until we came across a group. They were two, tall men, and a rather timid looking woman from Iwagakure. "Do you have the heaven scroll?" I inquired in a monotone voice. One of the men just laughed.

"Please. We're not afraid of a little girl. If you run along now, we won't harm you." I sighed.

"Last chance. If you have a heaven scroll, give it to me. Although I would greatly enjoy killing you, it would take unnecessary time."

His glare hardened. "We're not just going to hand it over." He growled.

"Wrong answer." I said. I held my hands out, crossing my arms, letting Shukaku awaken, even the tiniest bit so he could enjoy their blood. Two large hands made of sand shot forward and wrapped themselves around the two men. I squeezed my fists together, and the sand crushed them, the seeping red metallic liquid being absorbed by my sand.

The hands dissipated into large mounds of sand, the mangled corpses hidden inside. The girl, shaking, backed up against a tree. She fumbled around in her bag until her trembling hands produced a heaven scroll. "Here!" She said. "Take it, and please spare me!" A tendril of Gaara's sand reached forward and wrapped around the scroll, dragging it back to us.

"Leave now, before I change my mind." I said. She nodded and ran into the forest, stumbling a bit. I got the feeling we were being watched, and looked up at a branch to see a small light brown and white tail. "Let's go." I announced, my eyes never leaving the spot.