Chapter 7

Dedicated to @Veloxie1 for understanding it sucks to be pressured to update.
--------

After everyone finally finished the second challenge, we all filed into what looked like a big arena. I glanced around, showing no emotion, but inwardly smirking at how terrified and beat up the other contestants looked. This entire village was weak.

The Hokage gathered shushed us, waiting for attention.

"Welcome, contestants! Congratulations on making it this far, however the competition has only begun. Due to the fact that we have more contestants than expected, we will have preliminaries which will start in a few minutes. If you would like to drop out, now would be the time to do so."

I smirked at the hands that slowly raised up. I noticed the white-haired guy with glasses who had information on us also raised his hand. I don't trust that guy, he was clearly strong enough to continue fighting.

The group split up, and somehow I ended up standing next to the orange fluffball.

"Hey." He said. I glanced over at him, surprised but showing no emotion on my face.

"Yes?" I replied in a monotone.

"Uh, just wanted to wish you good luck." He said, scratching the back of his neck. This time I couldn't contain my shock. Here was this idiot, who I had been nothing but a total jerk to, and he was wishing me good luck?"

"Oh, um t-thanks." I stuttered. What? I never stutter. I felt my face heat up, and lifted a hand to my cheek. I was blushing? Was this some sort of jutsu?

Sounds like someone's got a crush...

Shut the hell up Shukaku.

The board starting flashing the random names, and when they finally showed up, my stomach dropped.

Naruto Uzumaki vs Oni of the Sand

-----------

Hey guys! lol what a filler/cliffhanger! Anyways I guess you'll just have to wait for next Tuesday! :p

Hidan: Lucy-chan is meaner than I am! Sayōnara kittehs!