Chapter 8

I stood there, facing Naruto. The proctor stood in between us, saying the basic rules but I didn't really hear him. All I heard was the loud 'begin'. And yet still I remained motionless, unable to launch an attack. Naruto remained still as well, obviously confused at my lack of offensive actions.

"Oni!! What are you waiting for?!" Kankuro yelled. "Kick his ass!" Kankuro's voice knocked me out of my stupor, and I immediately brought my hands up into a fighting stance, Naruto mirroring my actions.

"Shadow-clone justu!" Naruto made the first move, many duplicates of himself poofing up around him. They started running towards me and I felt my sand surge forwards, individual spikes piercing each one as it came at me. My sand then combined and shot towards the remaining Naruto, wrapping around him like a boa constrictor. The sand held him tightly, squeezing tighter and tighter the more he struggled.

"Come on Naruto! You can do it!" That annoying girl with the pink hair said.

Come on, Oni. I'm thirsty, let's make this quick.

Shukaku whispered in my head.

I can't.

I thought, and at that moment, my sand collapsed, Naruto falling down as a rain of orange fell alongside him. He stood up immediately, shaking off the fall. I stood, a little dazed as he ran at me with a kunai, but my sand acted of it's own accord, defending his attacks, but never making an offensive move.

Come on, this is what you were bred for. What's one more kill? What does this guy even mean to you anyways?

Shukaku said yet again, his impatience growing, consuming my thoughts as it were my own. I lunged forwards with startling speed, my sand right behind me, surging towards Naruto. It coiled itself around him once again, this time not hesitating to squeeze and compact. Another pillar of sand formed, it's tip deadly sharp. It rose up, and with a flick of my hand barrelled down towards Naruto's face. It stopped about a centimetre away from his forehead, and I stood, frozen above him, ready to jam the sand straight through his skull, into the brain for the killing blow.

Come on kid. What are you waiting for?

I stared into Naruto's big blue eyes, unable to make the sand move any closer. He stared right back, his eyes, that should have been filled with fear only held determination and a hint of what I thought was sympathy.

"I concede." I whispered.

"What?" He responded, in the same hushed tone. my sand dissolved, and this time he remained on the ground, only propping himself up on his elbows.

"I concede." I declared, much louder this time. The proctor nodded and then held up his hand.

"This match's winner; Naruto Uzumaki."