Chapter 2wo

2

Chrisember didn't hear the crunch of the snow behind her but she did hear someone clear their throat. She looked up, her eyes red from crying, and saw that that someone was a man. No, a teenage boy who stood above her. He was tall, lean and a tiny bit muscular and he wore all black. Black pants, black long sleeved shirt, black Timberland boots, black beanie, even his glasses were black. His thick brown eyebrows scrunched up in concern, his big lips fell in a frown and then flapped as he asked her, "Are you alright?" But all she heard was noise. After a couple seconds he repeated his question, she answered this time with a shake of her head. "What's wrong?" He asked. She decided to tell the truth.

"My family left me."

"Really? Why?"

She shrugged.

"Do you have a phone, can you call them?"

"My phone's dead."

He frowned again, "Do you have a car, can you drive?"

She shook her head again. "I can't walk either." She said quietly. In that moment she felt a boiling rage, why would her family leave her? Is she not important enough for them to remember that she was their child?! She could feel the heat rush into her cheeks, turning them a bright red.

"I wasn't going to ask you..." He laughed nervously, his arm lifted to the back of his neck and his hand pulled on the little brown whisps of hair. He bit his bottom lip and his eyes lit up with the presence of an idea. "I have a car, I can drive you."

"No, it's fine." She snapped, her anger adding venom to her words, "I'll just wait for them, I mean they are bound to remember me sometime."

"Alright." He sighs, then the snow crunched under his weight as he sat next to Chrisember.

"What are you doing?" She questioned, a bit surprised.

"Providing company." He smiled.

"Why?" She furrowed her brows.

"Well, it seems to me that it might take a while for them to remember you. Who forgets about their daughter?"

She narrowed her eyes but he had a point, what kind of parents forget their daughter? She sighed.

"My name is Jake by the way." He held out his right hand for her to shake. She gave a small smile and lifted her hand that was closest to Jake to shake his hand, it was warm, his heat radiating off of him that provided warmth for her."Chrisember." She respond.

"Chrisember, that's a cool name."

"Thanks-"

"It's like Christmas and December mushed together."

She laughed, "Yeah, I never thought about it that way."

"So tell me, Chrisember, is Christmas your favorite holiday?"

"As a matter of fact, it is!."

"That's cheesy." He teased, giving a smirk of admiration. Chrisember just nods.

A few moments passed of silence before Jake continued their conversation, "So, Where you from?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, are you visiting?"

"No..."

"Then why can't you walk?" His smirk faded a bit as he asked, possibly out of concern.

She huffed in humor, "Gee, aren't you just eager to get rid of me."

"No, no, I'm just curious."