Prologue

My best friend, Mason Hitchen, and I went to the sewer.
"This doesn't look right, dude." I said, looking over at the handsome boy. We're both 15, and needing volunteer hours. I guess we were desperate. Looming in front of us lay the sewer tunnel beside the park. A flyer at school said that we could get all 40 of our hours in a week, and all we had to do was walk through the tunnel.
"When have we ever trusted our gut." He laughed, nudging me inside the tunnel.
"True, but if I'm killed... my mums gonna kill me."
"Again with your mum." He mocked my faint British accent. I was leading, Mason was behind me. We went down the tunnel and appeared into what looked like a lab.

That's all I remember before a pain in the back of my head and black.

Of course I woke up, but that was only when Mason pulled out a tube of something. He also had pulled out a needle.
"Mason, we gotta get out of here..!" I coughed.
"You're awake! T-thank god..!" I tried moving. I couldn't. It was impossible. So how did I get out? I don't know. I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder and  my eyes become heavy. I fell into a sleep. It was my mother who shook me awake. I was lying on the doorstep, unable to move, and for a second, unable to feel.