Chapter 23

I began to fast and  pray more and more each day. I needed God to put and end to my struggles. I found a nice church that I could go. It was only a block away from the hotel. I spoke to Jesus like he was my best friend. I laid down all my problems to him and asked him to fix them.

When I finished praying and got off my knees, I got a phone call saying that I should return home immediately, my husband was found in a trunk in my basement a couple weeks ago, he was hurt badly and didn't seem like he was going to make it.

I could hardly even speak. The only words that came out of my mouth "please let him be alive God please". I knew I was caught and I had no way out of it. I told Troy to stay I didn't want him to get involved.

I left as soon as I could and went back home. There were police officers and investigators all over my house. A gentle man walked towards me and asked if I was Mrs. Henry.

I told him yes then became explaining things and asking me about my where abouts for the past few weeks. I hesitated because I didn't know what to tell him.

Then a feeling came over me that I never felt before and something within kept saying tell the truth and end this once and for all. I started thinking about my baby and his/her future.

I didn't want the same for my child I wanted that child to have a better life than I did. I wanted to be the best mom I could. So I began telling him everything I told him that I was being abused and it was a accident.