1.

RYDEL'S P.O.V.

I woke with a start, my ears pricked. I could have sworn I heard someone downstairs. But everyone else is in bed. I got up carefully and crept down the stairs. I padded towards the kitchen and peeked in, hoping beyond hope that it really was who I thought it was. But I was disappointed when I saw that it was only my brother Rocky. "Rocky? What are you doing up?" I asked "I couldn't sleep" he answered groggily "You?" "I thought you were Riker" I confessed, lowering my head. He sighed and when I looked back up, there were tears in his eyes. I held out my arms and he gladly accepted the hug. It had been two weeks since Riker left. We didn't even know why. Things had been hard since our parents died, we were all upset. I guess it affected him more than we thought because one night, completely out of the blue, he just up and left. No note, car gone, even his room was empty. It was like he had never existed. Things had only gotten worse after he left. Especially for Rocky. He had always idolized Riker. Whenever Rocky was upset or scared, Riker was the only one who could get him to calm down and talk. We broke apart after what felt like an eternity. "Let's get back to bed hm?" I said. He nodded and we made our way back up the stairs and into bed. As I felt my eyes begin to droop, I thought of Riker. Will we ever see him again?