5.

RIKER'S P.O.V.

The next day I had work again so I left a note for the Old Man on the kitchen table. I grabbed some breakfast and left.

For some strange reason, I couldn't focus all day. Something at the back of my mind was bothering me but I couldn't quite figure out what. At lunchtime, I found myself thinking about the Old Man had said the night before. What if it wasn't too late to go home? I had had another dream last night. This time the whole family was outside playing in the snow. I had almost forgotten what snow looked like. I was brought out of my thoughts by one of my colleagues telling me lunch was over.

That evening when I got home, I found out what was bugging. The Old Man had somehow decorated the entire house, inside and out, top to bottom. "I thought you could use some Christmas cheer," the old man said, appearing at the door, "you're welcome!" I wondered through the house and into the kitchen. I stopped dead in my tracks. There, on the kitchen table, framed and all, were the few pictures of my family had brought with me when I left. I stared at the smiling images of my siblings, my parents and my cousins as tears rolled down my cheeks. "I hope you don't mind, I found them when I was decorating your room." I heard the man say as he came up behind me. I thought I would be mad but instead I just looked at him and smiled, tears still falling, "Thank you,"

I went to bed that night with a smile on my face for the first time since I left home. Soon I was drifting off into a peaceful slumber. Then came the dreams.

Suddenly I wasn't in my room anymore, I was in a shopping mall with my siblings and my cousins. I smiled at them but they couldn't see me. I watched as little Gator ran excitedly towards Santa and laughed as he jumped up onto his lap. Suddenly, I was right beside them. "AND WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE FOR CHRISTMAS YOUNG GATOR?" Santa was saying "All I want for Christmas is for my cousin Riker to come home," my mouth dropped open and my eyes welled with tears. Did he really say that? Suddenly I was overwhelmed with memory after memory of all my past Christmases until everything went black.

A/N

Hope you enjoyed!

This story's turning out to be shorter than I thought it would be so I might postpone updates, just for a few days.

in the meantime I will be updating my other story 'Come Find Me' so please go read that one!

Special shout out to @DianaDiaz417909 for the awesome comments and support and for inspiring me to keep writing! thank you s much! I love you!

Stay Strong!

-M