Fun At The Bea- A Tail!?!?!

Author's POV

M/n and F/n have been meeting up at the beach for over two months now. They have gotten really close and consider each other to be best friends. M/n sat on the beach waiting for F/n so they could have their usual hang out session.

M/n's POV

"I think I should tell her. She has been nothing but nice to me and she has already told me just about everything about herself. I think she deserves to know."

"Do you really think you can trust that human?"

I looked down and then whispered, "With my life."

"Know what?" I jump up and turn around. F/n was standing there in a two piece f/c swimsuit. She had on a/c flip flops and a see-through a/c wrap around her waist.

"W-wow."

F/n smirks, "I look good huh?" She poses and I blush a tiny bit.

"Yea you look great!" I smile and I see her blush a little too. We both laugh but then she gets serious.

"What should I know about?" I flinch at her serious tone and sigh.

"I probably should have told you this earlier but I was afraid you would hate me or even try to hurt me. I'm a----well, how about I just show you. Turn around and don't turn back until I tell you, okay?" F/n raises an eyebrow at me in suspicion. "Just trust me, please." Her face softens and she slowly turns around. I take my shirt off and dive into the water. I will my body to change and it does. I poke my head, my nose and up, above the surface of the water. 'I really hope she accepts me.' I swim to the shallow end of the beach to where my body is visible but I am still in the water.

"Okay. You can turn around now."

Author's POV

F/n turns around slowly with her eyes closed. "I don't get why you think I would ever hurt or hate you. There's nothing that you could do that wou--"

She opened her eyes and was saw something that literally blew her mind. There sat M/n with his h/l h/c hair and s/c but there were some huge differences. His once e/c eyes were now entirely pitch black, no white or e/c to be seen. He had f/c gills on the side of his neck and near his hips. He had f/c scales scattered along his upper body. His fingers had webbing between each one and his usual straight white toothed smile was replaced with sharp white shark-like teeth. His ears and nails now had points to them. His legs were the biggest difference. Instead of two s/c legs, in their place sat one long f/c mermaid tail.

F/n's jaw dropped and her eyes widened at her best friend. "Y-y-y-y-y-your a mermaid!?!?!?!" M/n covered his sensitive ears and flinched.

"W-well yes but I'm a merman because I'm a guy. D-do you hate me now?" F/n's face went back to normal as she walked closer to M/n. He flinched, scared of what she would do. 'I knew it! She's just like all the other hum--.' M/n's inner monologue was cut off when a pair of s/c arms wrapped around his body.

"How could I ever hate you", F/n looked at his shocked face and smiled wide, "You're my best friend after all!" M/n teared up and started to cry. He latched onto her and she held him as he cried and kept mumbling 'thank you' over and over again. They were the only one's on that part of the beach so no one witnessed this beautiful act of friendship.

"You have found a human that you can trust. I pray that she does not hurt you."