Red Bow Ties and Giggles

"Im on the bus and my 2-year-old won't stop crying, except you just smiled at them and they did" 

Clara x 11th Doctor

When Clara walked onto the bus steps with a bawling child in her arms, and everyone turned to stare and groaned as she walked past them. She knew it was going to be a very long bus ride. 

Suddenly, everyone pushed their children out of their laps and onto the open space next to them and gave Clara a shrug, while Clara held back the temptation to spit out some swear words. Finally near the end of the bus, she found a seat directly across an odd looking man. He had a bright red bow tie that seemed to give color to the bland bus, as she sat next to him. He gave a small wave, and Clara responded with a quick smile and quickly pushed him out of her thoughts. Clara quickly pulled out all of her daughter's toys, trying everything to make her stop bawling. She pulled out her soft little teddy, but nothing stopped her daughter's tears. 

Except. 

When the man in the red bowtie smiled at Clara's daughter, she stopped crying. Clara looked at the man with an astonished look.. 

"How" asked Clara as a large grin spread across her face 

"Children tend to like me" responded the man 

"What's your name?" 

"The Doctor" 

"Doctor of?.." 

"Babies apparently" the man replied with a smirk. "And you are?" 

"Clara Oswald" 

"Nice to meet you Miss. Oswald, if you need further help with your little bundle of joy. Just let me know" said the Doctor, as he buttoned his coat together and left with a grin. 

Clara sat as the bus zoomed past the Doctor, a chubby little hand slid up onto the window covering the Doctor. But Clara knew that his grin remained. 

When Clara and her daughter finally got off the bus, there was barely any people left on the bus. No one would dare come to this side of town. Let alone come here by choice, So when she got of the bus steps, the driver gave her a concerned look. But Clara shrugged it off, she was tired of being the pity pot. 

"Oh poor Clara. Husband dead and left alone with her daughter" 

"Oh poor Victoria. Poor girl only has her mother left" 

"Poor Clara that had to watch her husband get lifted into the ground" 

Clara walked towards her flat, with anger boiling in her veins. She looked at her daughter, her big brown eyes and gentle smile. How could she ever be angry when she had Victoria? 

When she walked into her flat, she knew she couldn't be angry. But she had every reason to be stressed. 

Toys scattered the floor, and bills left by the desk, blankets all over the brown couch near the wall, and plenty of assignments she had to grade.

So Clara laid a blanket on the ground and left Victoria to play, as she sat by the desk, purposely ignoring the amount of bills on the desk, she wrote. 

Hours into grading, young Victoria began to bawl once again. Clara stood up and picked up her child. 

"Daddy" said Victoria as her chubby hands wiped at her eyes

Clara's heart shattered, but her emotions were quickly pushed away as loud fists pounded against the door. 

"Everyday! She cries everyday! I can't fucking sleep!" screamed a voice. 

A voice Clara knew very well, it was her dick flat owner. The bastard owed Clara, she tutored his son an hour each day of the fucking week so she could live here. 

"She's a child!" screamed Clara. "And you owe me this!" 

"I owe you a fucking house?! When all you do is tutor my stupid ass son?!" 

And out of nowhere. A loud noise, if you were to ask Clara what it truly sounded to her. She would say hope, and relief and that warm feeling she felt when she first saw Victoria. Pure happiness, at least that what she felt when she saw a blue police box phase into her living room, and the man with the red bow tie and big smile popped out of the door and reached out his hand and whispered.. 

"Come. Let me take you somewhere better" 

[You guys can request couples next and if you wish certain aus to go along.]