Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I do not own One Direction (no matter how much I wish I did) or any other celebrities that may appear in the story. Also, April is purely fictional, and any likeness to a real person is completely coincidental.

As I approached my house I could easily tell that something was definitely wrong. In fact, I was so occupied looking at the horrifying scene in front of me that I didn't notice the bump in the sidewalk until I tripped. Slowly pulling myself up from the pavement, I looked around and began to feel lightheaded. Soon everything went dark.

~~~

I woke up to a faint beeping sound, and quickly reached over to silence my alarm clock. However, my hand didn't connect with an alarm clock. Instead it connected with a glass of water, which came to the floor with a crash. I, once again, flailed my arm out and came back empty. Finally I gave up and opened my eyes, in order to find the source of the beeping and silence it immediately.

"Where am I?" I mumbled to myself. This was definitely not my room. In fact, I had never even seen it before, but my backpack was sitting in the corner. However, judging by all of the medical equipment, I did decide that I was probably in the hospital.

Suddenly, the door to the room opened and a woman in scrubs walked in. The woman was humming to her self and waltzing around the room until she noticed that I was awake. "Oh wow, I didn't expect to see you awake so soon," she exclaimed, as her cheeks began to turn red.

"It's okay, I thought your humming was rather pleasant actually,"I replied.

As soon as the nurse noticed the sincerity in my voice she approached the bed asking "Is there anything I can get for you? I know people are usually parched when they wake up. Would you like some water?"

When the nurse mentioned a glass of water I did realize that my mouth was rather dry. "A glass of water would be quite nice, but first can I ask you a question?"

"Sure," she replied sweetly.

"What happened to my house, and where are my parents?"

Author's note: Well, I know this is rather short but I wanted to at least begin this book. I have had this idea for a while now, and I guess I'd just like to know what people think of it. Yes, this will be a One Direction fanfic.