Chapter 8

Once Chase and I returned from the grocery store we cooked pasta for dinner and sat down at the table to eat it. "Are you ready to tell me what happened this morning?" Chase asked.

"Well, you see..."

"Stalling isn't going to help you..

"I'm shy, and they make me nervous," I mumbled.

"I'm sorry babe, but your going to have to speak a bit louder."

"I'm shy, and they make me nervous. Are you happy now?" I shouted before bursting into tears.

Chase laughed and said "Really, was that it?"

"Your not making this any easier for me."

"Hey, it's okay, I just thought it was something more serious than this," Chase said before getting up off his chair, walking around the table, and pulling me into a tight hug. After a couple minutes, my tears subsided.

"I can't believe I made such a big deal, and even cried, over something so little."

"Don't worry April; we all deserve to let it out sometimes."

"It's embarrassing though."

"April, you don't always have to be the strongest person in the room. After all, you'll always have me to lean on," Chase remarked as he put away our plates. At this point I was too overwhelmed to say anything, so I just sat down on the sofa and buried my face in my hands. "I know it's hard for you to believe, because you've been pretty much alone for a while, but now we're a team," he continued as he walked over and wrapped his arms around me.

"I like the way that sounds," I replied as I rested my head against his chest and fell asleep.

~~~

About a couple hours later, I woke up. When I opened my eyes I realized that Chase hadn't fallen asleep. In fact, Chase seemed to be so deep in thought that he hadn't even realized I'd woken up. "Whatcha thinking about?" I asked, startling Chase.

"Why you weren't very shy when you met me."

"Oh wow, I actually wasn't. I guess it was because you pretty much saved me from being kidnapped, and that made me feel like I could trust you."

"That makes sense. Now, I was also wondering if you would like to go to the pool with me. I mean, it's been months since you moved in, and you still haven't been to the pool yet."

"That sounds like fun. I'll go get changed," I exclaimed before running to my room to change. Then, I realized something and walked back down the hallway. "Um, Chase, we have a problem."

"What?"

"I don't own a swimsuit."

"Really? I thought everyone owned a swimsuit."

"I used to own one, but it was in my old house when it burnt down."

"Don't worry, we'll run to the mall real quick;it's not that late anyways."

"Okay," I shouted, as I ran back down the hallway, for what seemed like the billionth time. Once I got to my room I pulled on an oversized hoodie, grabbed my wallet and phone, and headed out. When Chase and I stepped into the corridor, we saw Liam and Zayn.

"Hey guys!" the two boys said in unison as I ducked behind Chase.

"Hi," Chase replied.

"Where are you two going?"

"To the mall. We were going to the pool, but April doesn't own a swimsuit. So, we're going to go buy her one."

"Cool, we were just going to the mall too. You can come in our car if you want," Liam offered. Up to that point, I was hoping to be able to just ignore the boys until they went away again, but I was slowly beginning to realize that it just wasn't going to work.

"Sounds like fun," I said as I peeked out from behind Chase.

"Oh yeah, April?"

"What?" I responded quietly.

"We're sorry we bothered you this morning."

"It's okay."

~~~

"Does this one look alright?" I asked Chase as I tried on a blue one piece.

"I think you look great in everything."

"C'mon Chase, be honest."

"I am. I'm also being honest when I say this one's my favorite."

"Then wait here while I buy it."

"I'll go to the register with you," Chase said eagerly.

"You just want to come because you like trying on all the sunglasses they keep by the check out."

"You, my friend, are one hundred percent correct," he replied, before grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the register.

"Sometimes I wonder if your a little kid trapped in a mans body," I remarked.

Once I had paid for my swimsuit, Chase and I made our way to the place where we had promised to meet Zayn and Liam.

"You're here!" shouted Zayn.

"Took you long enough," Liam mumbled.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked Zayn quietly as we walked towards the car.

"Oh, we met one of his ex girlfriends, from before the xfactor. She pretty much followed us around the whole time, and wouldn't stop talking. I even considered stopping at one of the shops that sells earplugs."

"You were on the xfactor?"

"Was that all you got from what I just said?" Zayn laughed.

"Why, yes it was," I responded jokingly.

"Anyways, yeah we were on the xfactor. We're in a band called One Direction."

"You're in a band and you didn't even tell me."

"Well, to be fair, this is the first time I've had a substantial conversation with you."

"I guess your right, but now that you mention it, I think I've heard your music before."

Author's Note: I'm sorry it took me so long to update, but I was busy with schoolwork. I'll try to update again soon, but next week is exams.