Chapter 13

"Are you sure your ready for this?" Chase asked as he gripped my hand tightly.

"Yes."

~~~

"It's beautiful!" I exclaimed as the tattoo artist applied the finishing touches. It may have been painful, but it was worth. Now, the words I'll fight for you were now tattooed along the side of both Chase and I's rib cages. Once the artist was finished with everything I jumped up and hugged Chase, but not too hard because my side hurt.

"I'll love you no matter what. You know that, right?" He said as he used the pad of his thumb to wipe my teardrops away.

"Yes. What I'm worried about is that you won't always be here to love me."

~~~

Earlier that day

I gripped Chase's hand as we sat in the cold waiting room chairs. "Chase Brookpark," the nurse called. Chase and I stood up quickly at the mention of his name, and followed her. As we walked to one of the back rooms I felt Chase's hand tremble in mine. Once we got to the back room, we sat on two more uncomfortable chairs and waited for the doctor.

After what felt like an eternity, we heard a soft knock on the door, and the doctor walked in. "Well, young man, your test results are in, and I'm afraid I have some bad news."

Chase suddenly tensed up, and I moved to comfort him.

"I'm sorry, but you have advanced stage cancer. Sadly there is not much we can do for you. I recommend chemo therapy but the probability of it working is very low."

My heart dropped.

~~~

Author's note: I am very sorry but I have been swamped with homework. I'll try to update in the next few days.