chapter two

Getting in the car I watched my father put my small bags in the trunk of the car. He closed the back of the trunk and I dismissed him with a smirk and turned around and put my earbuds in flipping to some random song

Stay for the night if you want to, I can show you what my dreams are made of...

I zoned out and got lost in the song when the car pulled into a small local restaurant it said "Liz's Miracle Pizza" my eyes widened.  when I lived in California this was my favorite place to eat. I looked at him and he just said

"I know more about you, then you think"

"Well, im surprised" I told him sarcastically, but deep down I had a little less bitterness towards him... but only a little. "but, im kinda glad that at least you know" I whispered.  he smiled a bit so I know he heard that last comment.

I walked into the restaurant and it still smelt the same from the last time I was there. I inhaled deeply and the scent of fresh baked pizza dough filled my nostrils and I closed my eyes with remembrance. YUMMY  I thought.

I order a medium pizza. Extra cheese, sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, pineapple, and ham. The lady gave me my ticket I payed then sat at a table while my father ordered he tryed to get me to share one with him but I refused. He sat down across from me and he said. "They have a job opening if you want it"

I looked at him and said "when my pizza is ready, I'll ask about it"

"okay"

I nodded at him.

DING, DING. " number 15 your order is ready"

(thats me) I thought.  I stood and went to the pick up area, handed the lady my ticket and got my pizza.

"excuse me... Mrs. Lizzy, I heard you have a job opening. I would like to apply for the job"  I asked in my sweetest southern accents.

The women smiled. "You must be John's child, your father talks about you all the time. He said last week that you might like to work here. Well, I'll tell you what honey, come in at 9 tomorow morning and we will have you try it out. were a black shirt for now and any jeans are okay"

I beemed at her and told her thankyou for the opportunity. I walked back to the table and started eating my pizza my dad asked me how it went and I told him what Mrs. Lizzy told me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It wasn't till late that night when I reached into my bag and found the paper with James's number on it. So I plugged up my phone and inserted the number. I pressed the message button and I said

Hey its Nora,  I'm the girl you gave your number to on the plane. Welp, text me back soon.

I pressed send, and in no more then thirty seconds did he he text back

him:Hey :)

me:Whats going on? :p

him:Nm, you?

me:Same

him:So who was that guy that you went to after you got off the plane?

me:Wow, stalker much? lol jk, my dad -_-

him:Hmmmm what with the f-you face? lol

me:Not to you, him. I cant stand him.

him:Oh, well have you heard of Liz's Miracle Pizza?

me:Yeah, I start work there tomorrow.

him:REALLY?  I WORK THERE NOW LOL SMALL WORLD

me:Lol small indeed. well I think im gonna hit the sack. goodnight.

him:Goodnight, Nora. See you tomorrow. Oh, and Nora... your different,  I like you :)

me:I like you too :3

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I snuggle into the bed of the spare room that my dad set up for me and quickly I fall asleep.

goodnight, Nora. See you tomorrow. Oh, and Nora... your different, I like you :)

the words linger in my mind as I sleep

OKAY IM SORRY FOR THE SHORTNESS BUT ITS LATE AND IT HAS BEEN A WHILE AND I NEVER UPDATED AS SOON AS I THOUGHT I SHOULD HAVE. SO I HOPE YOU LIKED IT.