chapter five

Hey, read the authors note at the end please.

---------------

I didn't count how long it took us to get to the beach but we did listen to about ten songs before you saw the crystal blue waters and the sandy beaches. I had rolled the window down and threw my head out the window like a dog and felt the wind on my face. I turned my head the opposite way and took a deep breath, and the smell of salt and seaweed engulfed my senses. Closing my eyes I relished in the sent... it smelled like home, my real home.

"Enjoying yourself?"

"Yes, very much" I reply sarcasticly. He scoffs then gives me a sweet smile.

We pull into a parking spot and he reaches in the back seat. He pulls out a bag with two towels, a few water bottles, and a sandbucket.

"We are gonna make sand castles?" I ask.

"Yes" he replys matter of factly.

I get out of the car and I hear the click of the trunk open and James gets out of the car and opens the trunk all the way, "You know how to surf right?"

"I haven't surfed in years." I admit.

"Well hopefully you still got it"

"Hopefully"

He hands me a surfboard it is bright red with black tribal markes on it. "Rad board!" I tell him

"Thanks, it is my old one. I don't use it much right now though cause I've got this one" he tells me pulling out a lime green board with navy blue words that have some name brand on it that I would never be able to pronounce and in the same navy blue tribal markes around the words.

"Then lets surf!" I exclaim

-----------

Johns p.o.v

My daughter hates me. she hasn't spoken more then twenty words to me I think. After she got out of the car from telling me she was going to the beach I sat in the drivers seat and I cryed.I know I ignored her, her entire life but now I want to do something about that. I want to be apart of her life now, but she won't open up to me. if she isn't looking at me with hate it is juat a blank stare.

I am prepared towalk into my house and see Nora in the living room ready for Liz's nephew to pick her up. Instead I get an eyefull of my son with his hand up Anna's shirt, and Anna rubbing her hand up and down on his little pecker and I explode. I kick Anna out of the house and send Raymond to his room.

After that, I go to the kitchen and open the fridge. I reach in and pull out a cold beer. I chugged it then reached for another. I drank this one slower.

Hahaha

I hear a loud laugh. The voice was deep but still boyish. It must be James. Clearly still upset about my son, I frown and walk into the front room.

Nora gave me a questioning look and I plastered a smile on my face. Made a few snide comments towards them then walked to my study while taking a swig of my beer.

My wife sneaks up on me and hugs me from behind. "She will open up soon enough. She has only been here for two days. Give her some time."

"I love you honey, but I don't think she will. I neglected her for so long she stopped carring."

"Take her out tomorow, to a place she loves. Think about the things she likes... it only took me a moment to realize her life revolves around music"

"That sounds like a good idea, honey!"

"I know im a genius." my wife Sally said while winking at me.