15. Happiness

The friends sat around the table in Sabine's Kitchen, eating and chatting and enjoying their time together. Sabine looked around her at her friends' smiling happy faces and felt a happiness that could never die. She looked at Chiron his perfect face now scarred but still just as handsome. All of her friends showed signs of their battle but no lasting damage had thankfully been done. They had mourned the loss of the creatures that lost their lives on that fateful day and as a mark of respect had torn down the ancient statue in the clearing and planted a flower for each of the ones lost in its place.

"So, how are the wedding plans going Sabine? Is Chiron doing his part?" Pholus laughed. Chiron shot him a look and Sabine laughed.

"Pholus, All Sabine and Chiron are required to do is show up on the day. Myself and Talia have seen to the rest." beamed Hylonome.

"I hope..." came a voice from the chair in the sitting room. "That you haven't forgotten my part in this wedding."

"Muroni. We could never forget you." smiled Sabine. "But in order for you to be the one to give the service you need to be in tip top condition and you will not be in any state to do anything if you do not rest and heal."

"I have been told once again." He laughed. "Pholus, my dear friend, would you mind awfully? I'm getting quite lonely over here on my own." Pholus jumped to his feet and carefully carried Muroni into the kitchen, setting him down gently on the old lounge chair in the corner. "Thank you. Now I have the perfect view."

Everyone looked around at him.

"What view would that be?" asked Cyllarus confused. Muroni rolled his eyes and smiled.

"All of you of course. My closest and dearest friends, all of us different in many ways but connected by our differences, together as one, our magic binds us..."