The Call

Booth got a phone call at the J. Edgar Hoover building. He answered it with a "Hello?"

"Seeley," Hannah sighed at the other end.

"What do you want?" Booth growled at her, hating her for leaving him and rejecting his proposal.

"I'm pregnant. You're going to be a father again."

Booth froze. He had always used protection. This couldn't be happening.

"Can we meet at the diner around 2?" Hannah asked.

"Yeah," Booth replied then hung up.

Meanwhile, Brennan was sobbing in the Jeffersonian bathroom. She was staring at three positive pregnacy tests. She threw them away and she went home, not answering anyone who tried to talk to her. She went home and she sobbed. Booth would leave. He doesn't want another baby.

Booth ended up going to the diner and saw her. Hannah was sitting there waiting for him. Booth sat across from her.

"Hannah," Booth sighed.

"Seeley, I-" she started crying, "I don't want this baby. I don't want it in my life. I don't want us to be together. I just want to know if you want the damn thing."

"You don't want the baby? So you want to know if I want the kid?"

She nodded.

Booth sighed, "If it's my baby, then yeah, I want my kid. I'll help you through the pregnancy. But as soon as the baby is born, you have to leave. Me and Bones are together now. She doesn't need you around."

"And as soon as I have the kid, I'm gone."

"Bones, she'll never approve of this," Booth said, his words were cold.

"Please, just take care of me through this. Please," Hannah begged, tears rushing down her face.

Later that evening, Booth had decided what he was going to do. He would leave Brennan for the nine monthes to help Hannah through the pregnacy. He would talk to Brennan and surely she'll understand.

He went to Brennan's apartment and knocked on the door. Brennan opened the door and smiled. She let Booth in.

"Booth, I-" Brennan began.

"Hannah's pregnant," Booth said before Brennan continued, "I have to help her through her pregnancy. Bones, it was a mistake. Okay? I just-"

Brennan, tears falling down her cheeks, said darkly, "Leave. If she is what you want, then go."

"Bones, I want to be with you, I just need to help Hannah through this. I love you. Not her."

"Please just go. We don't need you," Brennan went to bed and waited for Booth to leave, which he did after about fifteen minutes.

Brennan rubbed her stomach, "It's just you and me for now."

Tears began to fall again as she cried herself to sleep.