Xiao x Hwanhee | Roommate

The group had moved into a new dorm. There were five rooms but one was much smaller than the rest and only had one bed. Being the maknaes, this room became Xiao and Hwanhee's. At first Xiao told Hwanhee that as the older one he could have the bed while he slept on the floor himself. Hwanhee however refused this and insisted they just sleep together.

After a month or two of it, they had gotten pretty used to it. It was never as awkward as they thought it would be or rather; it wasn't awkward at all. Awkwardness would only arise when Xiao would wake up with Hwanhee's arms wrapped around his waist, something he's done in his sleep. Even then the two could play it off.

As the days had gotten hotter, the nights went with it too. Hwanhee could bear it but Xiao couldn't. At some point Xiao just started to take off his shirt. Something Hwanhee learned he didn't mind.

The rest of the group would occasionally comment in on how the two are able to just sleep in the same bed together. They'd compliment the unaffected friendship. Though Hwanhee started to feel the living arrangement take its toll.

Xiao had become something different to Hwanhee. His thoughts on the boy started to change. It went from Xiao; his "roommate and friend" to- his "roommate and sadly only friend?" Basically he had started to question things.

Thinking it was just because of how they were always so close; Hwanhee tried to somewhat avoid him. Instead of running to hang out with Xiao in his free time; he'd find someone else and he'd "accidentally" fallen asleep on the couch... For week. Xiao noticed at some point.

"Hwanhee~" Xiao said from next to him.

"Yes?" Hwanhee said looking up to him from his phone.

"Why are you avoiding me?"

"I'm not."

"It feels like we haven't talked in forever..."

"We're talking now... What do you wanna talk about?"

"How come you keep falling asleep on the couch?"

Hwanhee looks down at the couch beneath them and thinks for a second. Xiao raises an eyebrow at his hesitancy. "I don't know. It just happens." Hwanhee shrugs.

"Is it gonna happen tonight?" Xiao looks at the time. "Or- now I guess."

Hwanhee shrugs again. "I guess not."

Xiao smiles. "Great. Let's go to sleep its late."

Xiao grabs his hand rushing off to their bed room. Hwanhee thinks about that in his head. He could make a lot out of that thought. The thought of Xiao bringing him to their bed room.

Xiao pushes him down on the bed following close behind. "Goodnight." Xiao smiles at him.

Hwanhee nods. "Night."

He closes his eyes and attempts to sleep. Later that night, Xiao must've assumed Hwanhee fell asleep when he mumbled. "You have no idea how I feel Hwan."

Hwanhee naturally woke up early that morning. He turned to see Xiao slowly waking up while facing him. He lay on his side mimicking Xiao. "Good morning." Xiao said.

"Good morning." Hwanhee replied.

There was a moment of silence broken by Xiao. "You know, it's nice to wake up in the same bed as you... I mean- oh that sounded- well." Giving up trying to save himself, Xiao just stayed quiet.

The two just looked at each other in silence. Xiao glanced down at Hwanhe's lips quickly. After the silence became too much for Hwanhee to bear; he sighed turning to his other side.

"Hwanhee..." Xiao started. "I'm sorry if it's my morning breath but can you turn back around for a second?"

Smiling, Hwanhee turned around again. "Yes?"

Xiao quickly pressed his lips up to Hwanhee's. It's was a very short kiss or at least too short for either of the boy's liking. "K you can turn away if you want." Xiao said quickly turning away with rosy cheeks.

Hwanhee furrowed his eyebrows. He sat up putting his hands on Xiao's shoulders. "Lee Dong Yeol." He said. "You can't just kiss me and leave."

"I-I thought you didn't- didn't want... What?" Xiao stuttered.

"Why do you think I've been falling asleep on the couch?"

"Because you want to get away from me."

"No, of course not. It's because I wanted to be around you more than you want to be around me. Was I wrong?"

Xiao smiled before- somehow- turning them around so Xiao was on top.

"Very wrong."

---

Another lame one

I feel like my writing quality is slowly decreasing lol

I have some requests I hope to (write and) get out before the new year so look out for that

~Dena