Chapter 8 Enchanted Valintines day

-Calienia’s P.O.V.-

I began panting, running faster and faster.

“Go faster Cali-Chan! There gaining on us!” Suzu yelled as she picked up her pace.

I picked up my pace and looked over my shoulder to see the crowed of people chasing us.

“What the hell do they even want?!” I yelled making my way towards the gate of the Kazekage mansion.

Me and Suzu ran inside and hurried up the stairs as the crowed was still chasing us. I ran inside the Kazekage office and let Suzu in before I slammed the door shut and locked it before I turned around and leaned against the door panting.

“I…think we…lost them.” I said in between breaths.

I felt a bang at the door and I pressed against it harder with my back. There was another large bang and it made me fall forward.

I quickly got up and crawled under the desk hoping the crowd wouldn’t break in; I covered my ears and closed my eyes still wondering what the people wanted.

-Gaara’s P.O.V.-

I was about to enter my office when I saw a large group of the village’s guys pounding on the door.

“What’s going on?” I asked and everyone got quiet and starred at me.

“Lord Kazekage can you please give this to Calienia?” One of the villagers said handing me a box of chocolates.

I starred at the box with wide eyes. I looked up and noticed all of the men were holding gifts such as flower, chocolates, jewelry, and stuffed animals. I ignored everyone and tried to open the door to find it locked.

I sighed deeply and used my sand to slip under the door and unlock it.

-Calienia’s P.O.V.-

I started to panic when I heard the door open.

What did they want from me? Did they find out who I am? Were they going to kill me? How did they find out?

“What are you doing?” A familiar voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I opened my eyes and looked up from under the desk to see Gaara.

“I was being chased earlier and now I’m hiding for my life.” I whisper yelled.

“Did you even look to see who was chasing you?”

“How should I know? It was a large group of people, for all I know they could still be trying to kill me!” I said and Gaara sighed.

“They’re not trying to kill you they’re trying to claim their love for you.”

I felt as though an arrow had struck me, and struck me hard.

“D-did you s-say l-love?!” I said feeling my face go red.

“Well it is Valentine’s day.” Gaara said pulling out the chair and sitting down.

How is this possible? I’ve only been in the village for a few days. Why would the villagers suddenly love me?

“Do you mind? I need to work.” Gaara said bending down and putting his elbow on his knee and resting his head on his hand.

“Oh, sorry” I said getting up and hitting my head on the edge of the desk. “Ouch!”

I fell back down and grabbed my head and shut my eyes tightly in pain.

“You sure are clumsy.”

“That’s mean!” I yelled and crawled out like I was a puppy.

I stood up and tripped over nothing and fell forward.