I Think I Love You

After I found out that Joey was the son of my idol I felt like I had to tell him something about me, so I did. "Joey" I said as we walked home from school the following Monday. "There's something I wanna tell you" He reached for my hand and gestured for me to go on. "There's a reason I came here. My past I mean. It wasn't good. and I....Well I was hurt. Badly." Joey stopped walking and we sat on a bench near by. "Are you alright?" He asked me with concern in his eyes. "Yeah....I'm fine now but...Joey my ex boyfriend wasn't as nice as you. Actually, he was horrible and, well he's kinda in juvy now." "Juvy!" JOey screamed and I replied quickly "Remember when I kept my cool and didn't change my opinion on you! Its your turn to do that now!" Joey understood what I was saying and nodded his head understandingly. "Go on" He said in a soft voice but when I continued mine was softer. "My family took him to court for what he did." My voice was hesitant as I continued. "Joey, he practically raped me." I said the last words with tears in my eyes and a choked up throat. "Ohmygod" was all Joey said as he wrapped his arms around me and I cried on the bench for what seemed like forever. When I finally stopped crying he whispered in my ear "I'm so sorry Sammi. I could never hurt you like that. I...." He faltered before continuing. "Sammi I....I think I love you." I looked up at him and he wiped away my tears as I giggled and said "I think I love you too." We engulfed eachother in a kiss and in that moment I knew that this time was nothing like the last. I pulled away from Joey and said sternly "No. I know I love you." He smiled the smile that I fell for that first day at school and said "I know I love you too" as he leaned into my lips once again.