Can you say honeymoon phase?

Matt POV

"Let's watch this one!" Emily insisted, holding up some Disney princess movie.

"Emmyyyyy," I whined, "We already watched three!" As soon as she heard the words she started pouting.

"Oh no, that's not gonna work this time, Em... Emily... Emily you stop it right now!"

"Fine, we don't have to," she said quietly, sticking her bottom lip out farther. I sighed.

“Oh put it in, Emmy,” I said, shaking my head. “Just know that you used an unfair cuteness advantage to get me to let you watch it.” She looked back at me on the couch and smirked as she put the DVD in.

“It’s your fault for having so many princess movies,” she laughed.

“They’re Anna’s!” Annabelle was my little ball of sunshine, my half-sister who was about 8 years old now. She was my dad’s only child from his marriage before he married my mom. He and my mom married about a year after his wife died giving birth to Anna. Now Anna and my dad lived in a small house a few towns over. She’d come and stay with me and my mom a few days every month to visit and my mom treated her just like her own daughter which was really cool. My parents were incredibly civil, they talked a lot and they still liked each other, even after the divorce two years ago. She just hated how he was never home because of his job as a lawyer and they always fought about it, constantly. They decided to end it because they hated how they always fought with each other and didn’t want it to affect me or Anna.

“I love her, she’s so freaking cute!” Emily exclaimed, bringing me out of my little daydream.

“She’s coming next week for the entire week, so you’ll be seeing a lot of her!” Emily’s face lit up. Emily loved Anna like her own sister; Anna had that effect on people, everyone always loved her.

I held my arms out for Emily to get back up on the couch. “Get back up here you germy little weirdo.” I said. I was skipping school to take care of Emily, she had strep throat and a fever. She stayed home yesterday and wasn’t contagious anymore, so I skipped today because she still had a fever. We were at my house watching movies while my mom was at work. Our parents usually didn’t mind if we took a day or two off school to take care of each other, we usually did when one of us was sick. That especially hadn’t changed for the month we’d been dating.  Yeah, it’s been a whole month since that day in the parking lot changed my life. God, I loved this girl so much I thought my heart was going to explode. When she got up and curled up next to me I kissed her burning forehead.

 “I love you,” I whispered. She smiled and pressed up against my side more, my arm falling down around her.

“I love you too, Matty,” she said quietly. We watched the rest of the movie in almost silence, save the few times she would sing along or let out a little giggle. By the end of the movie, the 4th princess movie that day, I looked down and she was asleep. She looked so cute pressed up against my side wearing one of my old t-shirts with her hair in a messy bun. A few strands of hair were covering her face so I moved them back behind her ear. I eased myself out from under her and lifted her up in my arms. She moved a little, but didn’t wake up, so I carried her up the stairs to my room. She was so light and cute, ugh. I laid her down gently in my bed and laid the comforter over her. She wrapped it around herself and yawned, then turned over and was quiet.

I loved her. This month, this month had been the greatest month of my life. I know people say this “honeymoon” phase doesn’t last, but I hope to God it will. Even if it doesn’t, I know I’ll still be happy. She makes me so damn happy.

I sat down in the office chair by my desk after moving it next to the bed. I’d lie next to her but I didn’t want her to wake up or get too hot. And getting sick doesn’t sound very nice either. I closed my eyes and let my head fall back, thinking of how lucky I was to have Em. I felt myself drifting off to sleep and I was exhausted so I let myself go…

Emily POV

I woke up and felt groggy. I looked at the comforter around me… this isn’t mine? Where was I? I rolled over and saw Matt fast asleep in a chair next to the bed, snoring. I must’ve fallen asleep during the movies I made him watch. Poor Matt. He was so sweet to me, so patient. I love him. I smiled and looked at the clock on the dresser. 8:19 p.m. wasn’t that late, but I fell asleep around 2 or 3. I got up slowly, my body hurting from being sick. I hate being sick. I kissed Matt’s cheek on my way into the bathroom, grateful he had stayed to keep me company today. I looked at myself in the mirror and groaned. I was such a mess.

“Beautiful,” a sleepy voice said behind me. I turned and saw Matt leaning against the door frame.

“Oh shut up I look awful.”

“Pretty great for being sick,” he said, moving behind me and wrapping his arms around me. He felt my head with the back of his hand. “You don’t feel hot anymore, I think your fever went down.”

“I feel a lot better actually, I’m glad I got a nap in.”

“Yeah after keeping me up for 4 ½ hours watching princess movies,” he complained.

“I’m glad your snoring didn’t keep me up, I was really tired,” I joked. His mouth dropped in a fake display of anger and we both started laughing. He leaned down and kissed the side of my neck and I sighed.

“I love you,” we said at the same time. I smiled at him and walked out of the bathroom, him close behind. I pulled off his shirt and put it in the laundry basket near his door. I heard a groan behind me. I looked at Matt, sitting on his bed with his arms crossed behind his head, his muscles tensed.

“Uh... what?”

“You’re too hot for your own good, Emmy. I don’t know how I’ve controlled myself around you all these years,” he said.

“Oh, shut up, stop being perverted. You’ve seen me change a million times,” I mumbled, opening a drawer and pulling one of my shirts at. I’ve had a drawer full of my own clothes here for at least 2 years, and it’s really handy.

“Yeah, but now you’re mine and when I want you I can actually have you.”

“Shut up,” I laughed. I was going to change my shorts but I don’t know if Matt would like that very much. Well, he might have liked it a little too much.

“I think I should go home,” I said, checking my phone. My mom texted me about an hour ago telling me to be home before 10 because Matt’s mom was at my house, and wouldn’t be going back until after that. “Your mom’s with mine, my mom wants me home before 10.”

He walked over and scooped me up into his arms, walking down the stairs.

“Matt!” I screamed. “Put me down!”

“No can do, pretty lady,” he replied. His arms tightened around me and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

“I love you, silly.”

“And I love you,” he said smiling. He let me down at the front door and walked me outside. He kissed me on the forehead and watched me walk to 50 feet from his house to mine. I turned around as I was opening my door. He screamed “I love you!” and I shook my head and walked in laughing.

I love him, I love him, I love him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys. It's been forever and a day since I last uploaded. I'm really sorry. I don't know how many people read this, if anyone will keep reading it, but I really want to keep going with this because I really like the ideas I have. I hope you like it too! I just wanted to apologize for never uploading!:( anyways sorry this is so short, I just needed to get a chapter like this out of the way to quickly get further into their relationship. Lots of stuff will be happening soon so please read or keep reading! thank you so much! :)